• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

Just now, Ham said:

I refused to criticise the team after the first half as that was a 9 out of 10. The second half was worthy of criticism and the only thing that could have made that result any worse was paying £15 to see it.  

True, the attacking performance in the first half was the best this season. Werner was phenomenal up front. Special mention to Jorginho too who showed what he could do.

We can't rely on them to bail out our defence though, evidently.

1 minute ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Zouma should have cleared it for the second. Can't really blame Kepa for pulling out, if he goes in and misses the ball, penalty and possible red.

Certainly Zouma causes the issue, but all Kepa has to do is watch the ball and block or clear it. He does the hard part in getting there first, but then bottles it,  and takes his eye off the ball. He needed to really grasp the nettle today. He failed.

paulw66   

Was just like West Ham away 

Awful game management from coach and players

First half absolutely quality.but as soon as Southampton scored we fall apart . No confidence what so ever in are defence. Kepa awful again same goes for Christensen . Zouma and Dave where average. Jorginho played really well with the ball but is such a liability off it . Frank needs a new defensive coach otherwise can’t see lasting past Christmas. Hope I’m wrong but we are so mentally weak 

chelboy   
5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

It will finish Franks time as a manager if he doesnt learn the lesson right now. Like today.

This needs to turn quickly for him to survive. Unfortunately, it is quite easy to see us capitulating against Seville and Utd. If that actually happens, he's pretty much gone.

He needs to learn the ruthless way of being a manager. He can’t fit Mount into the team if we are playing 4231. There’s nothing to justify AC over Tomori yet he still persists in trying to make this AC KZ partnership work. It’s been awful from day 1 and we concede goals for fun in it. The midfield pivot has been heavily exposed for months now. Until he gets all these things sorted there will be no progression in our team. 2 individual mistakes played a big part but there’s still things from last season that he is choosing not to change. 

Kezza   

Poch would have done a lot more and instill more identity with this team. Some of what is said here is right. How the team plays is not by design. I don't see a visible tactic and flow of play. As with Klopp and Pep you can always expect to identify a passage or style of play that is distinct. With our team it looks like Lamps just left them to figure it out because they are such talented players they naturally could make things happen together. That is really how it looks like at the moment! Werner and Kai I hope you are not regretting your move already and playing for one of the most idolised legend of the game has not been overhyped for you!

Someone on here said it spot on, champions league attack, championship defense and week in week out nothing gets better.

We need to get Frank out of this as soon as possible, hate to see his status go down the toilet.

So pissed off right now.

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

He needs to learn the ruthless way of being a manager. He can’t fit Mount into the team if we are playing 4231. There’s nothing to justify AC over Tomori yet he still persists in trying to make this AC KZ partnership work. It’s been awful from day 1 and we concede goals for fun in it. The midfield pivot has been heavily exposed for months now. Until he gets all these things sorted there will be no progression in our team. 2 individual mistakes played a big part but there’s still things from last season that he is choosing not to change. 

Agree. The positives are that Havertz and Werner are both beginning to look really impressive And Pulisic, is at least back and after a few games will be up to speed. Ditto Ziyech.

However, I think Frank is on very thin ice now. Pochettino will be at Utd within a few weeks. I cannot see any chance of us making top 4 above City, Liverpool, a rejuvenated Utd under Poch and an well organised Spurs under Jose. Even Arteta and Ancelotti are going to be hard to top.

Brendan to the recuse.... *gets coat*

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Certainly Zouma causes the issue, but all Kepa has to do is watch the ball and block or clear it. He does the hard part in getting there first, but then bottles it,  and takes his eye off the ball. He needed to really grasp the nettle today. He failed.

Whoever was at fault, it had been coming

As soon as we conceded we were on the ropes. No character 

Kezza   
4 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Agree. The positives are that Havertz and Werner are both beginning to look really impressive And Pulisic, is at least back and after a few games will be up to speed. Ditto Ziyech.

However, I think Frank is on very thin ice now. Pochettino will be at Utd within a few weeks. I cannot see any chance of us making top 4 above City, Liverpool, a rejuvenated Utd under Poch and an well organised Spurs under Jose. Even Arteta and Ancelotti are going to be hard to top.

Brendan to the recuse.... *gets coat*

But what happens to those players who said they came here because of Frank?