• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

Kezza   
4 minutes ago, chara said:

Spot on Ham...silly goal at the half but almost strolling...Soton passing it around in their own half and one glorious passage when they can't shift it from their half and it goes back to the keeper who puts it out of play!

Second half they were doing it in the Chelsea half...says a lot I think.

Nightmare time at 2-2 then Chelsea go through the Soton team like molten lava and make it 3-2...

Then...... rarely feel so angry after a game .....upset hurt down ..very often but today just plain angry after such a good start a meltdown....to quote.."Champions League attack..championship defence".....

To be positive...nearly all injured new players back.....just a tad worried about Silva...injury prone ?

Frank getting a lot of stick but two really bad errors gave first two goals...can't coach against that sort of mess...

I don't believe you can't coach or at least reduce individual lapses. Would Zouma or Christensen survive a Pep or Klopp team? Would they have been subjected to that kind of sometimes unnecessary pressure we put ourselves under by playing it backwards, or being casual on the ball or not being able to keep possession? Again it's all related to game mentality and philosophy and there's none drilled into the team.

Dingus   

Usual crap from Frank: “Oh I saw a lot of great stuff blah blah blah”

Doesn’t matter about the great stuff if you can’t set up your team to defend.

Why didn’t Lampard start with Caballero? Why didn’t Zouma just clear it? We might have won and nobody would be talking about how his managerial career is on thin ice. You live and die by fine margins.

I feel sorry for Frank. But ultimately he picked Kepa and somebody whispered into Zouma’s ear that he’s a ball playing centre-back. 

Coming back from three down to draw apparently shows character. What does throwing away a two goal lead show? It’s the same thing really. A soft underbelly. 

And I don’t know if Frank has the nous or the players to turn this around. 

Diddymen   
12 minutes ago, chara said:

Frank getting a lot of stick but two really bad errors gave first two goals...can't coach against that sort of mess...

But these errors have consistently been happening for over a season now  

Edited by Diddymen

chara   

OK..I take the points about coached defences but Zouma absolutely cocked it up..then Kepa failed dismally although put in it by Zouma...the first goal wasn't a defenders error...not defending Frank and the coaching staff as much can be blamed there but most of our conceded goals seem to be down to brain freeze....our goals for today were almost sublime..that never gets put down to the coaching.

21 minutes ago, Kezza said:

But what happens to those players who said they came here because of Frank?

They will run back to the Bundesliga if Lampard goes just like Drogba et al left Chelsea when Jose was let go in 2007. Oh wait.

• Like 1

Kezza   

Soccernet just summed up what I thought about the cluelessness and hoping for the best.

Manager rating out of 10

5 -- There's a constant negative energy that stems from Frank Lampard on the touchline and that translates into what happens on the pitch, mainly due to his stubbornness. He so often decides to stick with the status quo by leaving the starting XI to it and hoping for the best, and whenever they do concede, there never appears to be anything resembling a Plan B. There's always an element of second-guessing in his management and that just doesn't work at this level.

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Bringing on Hakim was a big mistake at 3-2. Reminded me when he brought on the wee Scottish guy against Sheffield UTD. 

Yes, was completely the wrong moment. Summed it up when he took a quick free kick on 88 minutes, just as everyone was thinking it was good chance to kill some time. All he did was surrender possession. Like Ajax v Spurs in the semi final

11 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Why didn’t Lampard start with Caballero? Why didn’t Zouma just clear it? We might have won and nobody would be talking about how his managerial career is on thin ice. You live and die by fine margins.

I feel sorry for Frank. But ultimately he picked Kepa and somebody whispered into Zouma’s ear that he’s a ball playing centre-back. 

Coming back from three down to draw apparently shows character. What does throwing away a two goal lead show? It’s the same thing really. A soft underbelly. 

And I don’t know if Frank has the nous or the players to turn this around. 

He has sufficient players but for me, lacks the requisite level of tactical nous to match the club's ambition. And worse yet, there are nothing but relatively inexperienced assistants on the bench to fill the void.

For an otherwise very smart person like Lampard not to seek out an assistant to complement his weaknesses is a head scratcher.