• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

paulw66   
13 hours ago, Rob B said:

Paul I don’t disagree that we need to improve defensively - we do, and fast.  But I draw the line at blaming Frank for Kepa’s form.  I’m pretty sure he doesn’t tell him to stay rooted to his line at crosses, or to pass to the opposition for a tap in or kick the air like he did today.  He is costing us goals in every game he plays.  

There was a stat last season where other than  Man City, we had the least shots on goal against us in the whole league. Mendy and Silva vastly improve this team and let’s be honest, neither of them are world class (At least not anymore, in Silva’s case) which shows how poor we have become. But I think the biggest problem is the centre of midfield when we don’t have the ball...

I'm not blaming Frank for Kepa's form. I am blaming him for the collective shambles 

As for the midfield.... Sarri had the same options and half the problems

The whole set up is just wrong and quite frankly, embarrassing to watch 

15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

5 games, only won 2 and conceded 9. Been poor in all but one game and other than Liverpool had a fairly comfortable start.

Say what you like about the lack of pre season, players not being available,  giving him time or whatever else the truth is we HAD to start well and we haven't.

The next 5 games are tough, which was why the first 5 games were so important and we look pretty terrible, overall. 

He is in trouble. There is no doubt about it.

Next two games are real testers for Frank and could ultimately define his near term future.

Sevilla is a must win game, as the gods will be expecting qualification from the CL group stage, usually winning all you home matches guarantees that.

ManUre IMO so more of a bench mark for Frank, should he lose or draw to Sevilla and loose to ManUre, I suspect the gods above may decided enough is enough. Bottom line is the you invest 250m you expect improvement which is sadly lacking at the moment.

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not blaming Frank for Kepa's form. I am blaming him for the collective shambles 

As for the midfield.... Sarri had the same options and half the problems

The whole set up is just wrong and quite frankly, embarrassing to watch 

Not looking forward to Tuesday 

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Next two games are real testers for Frank and could ultimately define his near term future.

The ideal time to replace Frank was 2 weeks ago ahead of the long international break.  He seems safe for now though, if only because we have 7 games in 22 days.
But then... another 2 week International break.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Not looking forward to Tuesday 

Yeah Euro-wise Sevilla and "nothing but pace on the counter-attack" Man U do look like traps.  
I'm really not looking forward to the following 2 weeks /  4 games if we do badly and he becomes DMW.
Mind you I got it wrong, I thought he was already that after WBA.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Woke up to find the game is not on the official site for once.  Disappointed. I guess sometimes they wait till Monday.

It is on there 😀

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It is on there 😀

Is it?  I can only find the 2 min and 9min Extended highlights which was there this morning.
I'm looking at the website the 5th stand  app (should be called the only stand)

16 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Its mainly persisting with a keeper that many including yourself kept saying we should persist with. It was a bad expensive buy. At least that much is obvious now. Name me a team that achieved anything with a shite keeper. 

If you are going to play Kepa, you have to adjust how you set up. Same applies to Jorginho and any important player you deem necessary to start but has glaring weaknesses. 

Ironically the adjustment to accommodate Kepa also benefits Jorginho Which in theory could be done without overly sacrificing attacking productivity. Basically, you have to play fairly compact and be a bit more deliberate in your attacking intent in order to keep the spaces between the lines within reason to maintain the integrity of team defending. 

Kepa has glaring flaws and I’m one of his biggest critics but the way Lampard sets up his team doesn’t help the young man develop. Similarly, yesterday we were reminded of the value Jorginho brings to the team. We already know he’s not the most athletic therefore the coach has to set up his midfield to protect this important player or else the integrity of our team defending is detrimentally affected - which arguably manifests throw individual player errors.

In retrospect, Sarri’s set up of the team was on point. What Lampard needs to do is learn from how sarri set up the team and slightly tweak the attacking phase (eg via quicker more direct passing) without destroying the defensive integrity of his team or else this will surely end in tears with Lampard out of work before Christmas. 

JaneB   
30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is it?  I can only find the 2 min and 9min Extended highlights which was there this morning.
I'm looking at the website the 5th stand  app (should be called the only stand)

Apologies.  Was referring to the highlights.

46 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

If you are going to play Kepa, you have to adjust how you set up. Same applies to Jorginho and any important player you deem necessary to start but has glaring weaknesses. 

Ironically the adjustment to accommodate Kepa also benefits Jorginho Which in theory could be done without overly sacrificing attacking productivity. Basically, you have to play fairly compact and be a bit more deliberate in your attacking intent in order to keep the spaces between the lines within reason to maintain the integrity of team defending. 

Kepa has glaring flaws and I’m one of his biggest critics but the way Lampard sets up his team doesn’t help the young man develop. Similarly, yesterday we were reminded of the value Jorginho brings to the team. We already know he’s not the most athletic therefore the coach has to set up his midfield to protect this important player or else the integrity of our team defending is detrimentally affected - which arguably manifests throw individual player errors.

In retrospect, Sarri’s set up of the team was on point. What Lampard needs to do is learn from how sarri set up the team and slightly tweak the attacking phase (eg via quicker more direct passing) without destroying the defensive integrity of his team or else this will surely end in tears with Lampard out of work before Christmas. 

We should not be adjusting to accommodate a bad keeper, we should be changing.

I don't like it that he until recently wouldn't leave his 6 yd box but if that is how he operates he has to be absolutely out of this world in his 6yd box, which he isn't. His shot stopping is dubious and his willingness to go and claim the ball is doubtful having often seen it whiz by him a metre in front of him. 

He did, however badly, at least come to the edge of the 18yd box yesterday and maybe that's something he is being told to do by Cech he also jumped to claim a few high balls something I had not seen before. ....Still I would change and hope Mendy is the solution