• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

chara   

Suddenly I feel MUCH better !!!!!

• Like 1

JaneB   
9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I've been backing Frank and I will continue to do so, I still believe he will get it right at this club, I think we're starting to see how he wants us to play, at least going forward and that is looking very good indeed. It's clear that he wants a proper DM in there, which I think would help, but defensively things need to change and quickly.

If I were roman, I would find out how much it would cost to get Steve Holland back and get him in asap. Franks desperately needs an experienced Number 2 to help him and not many better than Steve Holland IMO. I also feel we need more leaders in the team, Silva a great start, but Rice would also help with that IMO.

The club isn't known for being patient with managers, but I think this could be the time when the stick rather than flip - it's a long term project and I believe part of that is Lampard, I don't believe they're building a squad for another manager.

It may be that we have to wait until next summer to sort the back 4 out, hopefully, Mendy will give us some stability in goal, but we definitely need another CB or 2.

Maybe I'm being blinded by it being Frank, maybe I'm putting too much faith/hope in what I believe to be the process, but I am backing Frank, I do believe he is the right man for this club in the long term.

I do completely understand those questioning him and whether he is he right man, I get it, I can see it, I am not blind to it - but for me, I'm sticking with Frank, at the very least he's made Chelsea feel Chelsea again. Patience is clearly needed and I hope it is given to him by the club and the fans.

What an awesome post 👏🏻
I mean even I’m getting a bit twitchy now but we’re only 5 games in. I don’t care if we don’t win anything this season. I just want stability. 
I’ve mentioned Steve Holland several times. He was a huge loss.

Someone said on here that if we got a great No 2 in then he should be the No 1!!!

I understand that but it’s not always the case surely? 
I think Frank has got too many young coaches round him and Chris Jones is a fitness coach anyway. You can have too many voices sometimes. And why on earth isn’t one of them concentrating on our defence? JT and Lord Percy didn’t need coaching they were so instinctively brilliant, but this lot do which isn’t a great sign but then some are still quite young.

It seems to me that creating a good attack is far easier than solving a bad defence (I know what I mean!!). As was shown yesterday, you can score great goals but if your defenders are lacking then it’s all pointless. Building a house with no foundations.

I think Frank is stubborn by nature and will do things his way but it’s not a sign of weakness to listen to a more experienced voice sometimes. In fact it’s a strength.

Still with you Frank 💙

5 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Lord have mercy. I'm out of the punditry business.

image.thumb.png.ceb87b6620f94cfb009f75acee1a5bd3.png

Look at the goal timings.  It's like a Palindrome.
A Man A Plan A **** Creek

chara   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

You were saying?

Thank you Ham....list is what makes the game I guess......have to agree with the comments at the time they were written BUT what a great tonic after all our mutual despair and agony yesterday..couldn't happen to a nicer club!!!!!

chara   
9 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What an awesome post 👏🏻
I mean even I’m getting a bit twitchy now but we’re only 5 games in. I don’t care if we don’t win anything this season. I just want stability. 
I’ve mentioned Steve Holland several times. He was a huge loss.

Someone said on here that if we got a great No 2 in then he should be the No 1!!!

I understand that but it’s not always the case surely? 
I think Frank has got too many young coaches round him and Chris Jones is a fitness coach anyway. You can have too many voices sometimes. And why on earth isn’t one of them concentrating on our defence? JT and Lord Percy didn’t need coaching they were so instinctively brilliant, but this lot do which isn’t a great sign but then some are still quite young.

It seems to me that creating a good attack is far easier than solving a bad defence (I know what I mean!!). As was shown yesterday, you can score great goals but if your defenders are lacking then it’s all pointless. Building a house with no foundations.

I think Frank is stubborn by nature and will do things his way but it’s not a sign of weakness to listen to a more experienced voice sometimes. In fact it’s a strength.

Still with you Frank 💙

Great post Jane....sensible views ..concern without the "nuclear option".....I believe sums it up for a lot of us,,,, still with Frank but am getting worried...not on the short term but as it's possible to have no depth in a playing squad I think it is applicable to the coaching staff at the moment.

This season will be looked back on as an anomaly, I think we’ve seen enough football now to say that either the lack of crowd, general Coronavirus issues or some other reason, has turned the league into a mess. 

Our defensive frailties are not a new phenomenon so there is a lot of concern coming from our support, understandably. However, there are quite a few teams with similar concerns. United fans, for example, would like nearly a whole new back four if you look at their forums. 

Unless the league stabilises over the coming weeks they’ll be 10 teams in contention for the title! It’s not showing any signs of doing so however, far from it. 

3 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

This season will be looked back on as an anomaly, I think we’ve seen enough football now to say that either the lack of crowd, general Coronavirus issues or some other reason, has turned the league into a mess

I wonder how long until Liverpool demand the season be voided? 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Ham said:

You were saying?

Unbelievable Jeff 

I'd still take him back.