• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Don't want to jinx it

It's difficult, isn't it.

My only doubt about Havertz was could he keep up the press alongside Werner, Tammy, Mount and Kante.
I think he answered that.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It's difficult, isn't it.

My only doubt about Havertz was could he keep up the press alongside Werner, Tammy, Mount and Kante.
I think he answered that.

 

The first goal for Timo was also the result of a Havertz press. He's not afraid to get stuck in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

My only doubt about Havertz was could he keep up the press alongside Werner, Tammy, Mount and Kante.
I think he answered that.

His defensive contributions have probably been the biggest surprise for me especially because we had a lot of misleading Ozil comparisons when we were pursuing him.

The one that I'm slightly worried about is Timo. He has bags of talent so I'm sure he will definitely score some, but the reservations that Bayern scouts had about him (re struggling against low block teams) worry me. We saw him struggle to really get into the game against Palace. Hopefully Ziyech and Pulisic's return will mean Timo has more room to operate and can reproduce his form from last year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 10/10/2020 at 9:04 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I expect:

Kepa

Azpi - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell

Kante - Mount

CHO - Havertz - Werner

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyech, Giroud

Missing out: Rudiger, Tomori, Christensen, Alonso, Emerson, Kovacic, 

In what world does Mount play there? He hasn't done since he made his debut last August.

In what world does Kovacic not make the squad?

On 10/10/2020 at 3:36 PM, chara said:

You can get them in UK?....I am somewhat stone age with technology but never been able to get UK streaming in Colorado....I

 

I have an IPTV provider, which gives me an ap on my firestick that accesses just about every TV channel worth watching across the globe for £70 a year. I will be watching Saturday's game either from a channel that could be from Dubai, the US or Australia (or other)

On 10/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Giroud over Tammy every time for me, Tammy is OK and is improving and I suppose the argument is that if he's not playing he won't improve. But I love Giroud and what he brings us. 

Given the pressing game SFL is trying to implement, Giroud's lack of mobility is an issue. 

Tammy is far more than ok. I just don't get it........... 

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Werner - One goal and one assist.

Havertz - One goal and one assist.

You could say Havertz head had two assists because his goal was all his own work. 

Still 30 minutes to go.  

Havertz is a baller. 😳

According to one expert on here, he has a 50/50 chance of being a successful signing. 

 

Wibble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tammy's right foot said:

His defensive contributions have probably been the biggest surprise for me especially because we had a lot of misleading Ozil comparisons when we were pursuing him.

I remember the WC of 2010 and thinking what incredible players Khedira and Ozil were, and how their work rate was amazing.  Then RM signed them both.  I guessed they learnt to prepare for the big games only.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

In what world does Mount play there? He hasn't done since he made his debut last August.

The world of the future. Not this year perhaps but I am confident that like many young players his career will move backwards away from the front line as managers trust him more and more.  He'll be a CM playmaker like Jorginho one day.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Given the pressing game SFL is trying to implement, Giroud's lack of mobility is an issue. 

Tammy is far more than ok. I just don't get it........... 

Me neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have an IPTV provider, which gives me an ap on my firestick that accesses just about every TV channel worth watching across the globe for £70 a year. I will be watching Saturday's game either from a channel that could be from Dubai, the US or Australia (or other)

I need this 🙏 any links or contacts would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Bison said:

I need this 🙏 any links or contacts would be appreciated.

sent PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

sent PM

This is quite a thing for 70 quid a year.  

As an aside, why is TV so expensive in the UK? 

My other half is Polish and when we were last there, her brother in law showed me his TV box that cost approx 100 GBP to buy and then costs him something like 25 quid a year.  For that 25, he gets everything.  Sports, Music, Movies, everything (he also showed me it has a plethora of "adult art" channels available 24 hours a day 😄).  

It's mad that 25 quid wouldn't even buy you a month of BT Sport or Sky Sports here.  We're being done over.  (Wouldn't be shocked if a load of the services went up in cost after Brexit kicks in and removes a few EU regulations either).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

This is quite a thing for 70 quid a year.  

As an aside, why is TV so expensive in the UK? 

My other half is Polish and when we were last there, her brother in law showed me his TV box that cost approx 100 GBP to buy and then costs him something like 25 quid a year.  For that 25, he gets everything.  Sports, Music, Movies, everything (he also showed me it has a plethora of "adult art" channels available 24 hours a day 😄).  

It's mad that 25 quid wouldn't even buy you a month of BT Sport or Sky Sports here.  We're being done over.  (Wouldn't be shocked if a load of the services went up in cost after Brexit kicks in and removes a few EU regulations either).

 

These boxes have pretty much died out in the last year or so.  Universally (incorrectly)  known as a "Kodi box".  It's all about the Firestick now.  Thanks Mr Bezos. Saved me a fortune these last few years.  I suspect I'm already using the same service as Paul.  Many were closed down but one or two have been very resilient, unlike our defence last season*

 

 

 

 

 

*Back on topic 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.