• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

paulw66   
On 21/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, Chrisb said:

God forbid that any of the media outlets would think of the fans and not money during this enforced crowd stay away. It’s staggering that they can get away with charging ppv to be honest.

Is it? They are games that wouldn't otherwise be broadcast, so it makes sense there is a charge. £14.95 is absurd though.

Chrisb   
31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Is it? They are games that wouldn't otherwise be broadcast, so it makes sense there is a charge. £14.95 is absurd though.

Their cameras are already there as I’m pretty sure they’re selling the images to the American networks and they are obviously fixtures that didn’t particularly interest them when fans were allowed to attend. I don’t see the reason they can’t just broadcast them and give something back to their subscribers who already pay a large sum of money to them each month! Just seems like they see an opportunity to make even more out us while we’re a captive audience.

7 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Their cameras are already there as I’m pretty sure they’re selling the images to the American networks and they are obviously fixtures that didn’t particularly interest them when fans were allowed to attend. I don’t see the reason they can’t just broadcast them and give something back to their subscribers who already pay a large sum of money to them each month! Just seems like they see an opportunity to make even more out us while we’re a captive audience.

I suspect it is also a way for PL clubs to get a bit more money out of the TV stations.
The argument for not showing more matches on TV was always that it would take away from live audiences.  No longer an issue.

I've not seen any details on how TV contracts have been amended to allow for the extra games, I'd like to though..

Chrisb   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I've not seen any details on how TV contracts have been amended to allow for the extra games, I'd like to though..

Me too, I suspect it would make for interesting reading!

Ham   

I'd like to know how much it costs to advertise worldwide on those sheets that cover, say, 1000 seats each at every game now.  

I'd also like to know how it compares with the missed income from bums on seats for the same number of seats that will be in view.  

Kezza   

Anyone saw how Leeds played? How were they able to play so cohesively with a visible style and identity with the players they have while we struggle to string a few passes together?

9 hours ago, Kezza said:

Anyone saw how Leeds played? How were they able to play so cohesively with a visible style and identity with the players they have while we struggle to string a few passes together?

Years of work with a very experienced coaching team and very little rotation of players from match to match, season to season?

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Years of work with a very experienced coaching team and very little rotation of players from match to match, season to season?

QFT