• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group E match against Sevilla at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hrs. on Tuesday, 20th October 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

As dirty and cheating side as ever there was. We need a strong ref in this, one who sees right through their lies. 

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

As dirty and cheating side as ever there was. We need a strong ref in this, one who sees right through their lies. 

Pity we can't get an EPL referee...can't fool them......

• Like 1

paulw66   

They have a tactically astute coach , are well drilled and no real superstars. The very anthithesis of what we are right now.

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They have a tactically astute coach , are well drilled and no real superstars. The very anthithesis of what we are right now.

They're also the biggest collection of cheats in one place I've ever seen. They'll scream whenever we get near them, fall over every chance they get and fall over feigning injury whenever we break on them. 

paulw66   
50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're also the biggest collection of cheats in one place I've ever seen. They'll scream whenever we get near them, fall over every chance they get and fall over feigning injury whenever we break on them. 

Something else we don't do. We're too nice.

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Something else we don't do. We're too nice.

Yep. 

Right up Poch's alley though...... 

So last year we conceded 16 goals in 8 CL games, with just one clean sheet.

10 in 15 Europa 18/19
9 in 8 in 17/18
7 in 8 in 15/16

I wonder how much better we will do now.
Weak group though, Sevilla will struggle to get the 3rd place they want.

A tricky game this one, the kind of game where Silva's experience will be key I think. I hope Zouma isn't dropped for his mistake, because Frank needs to start playing a settled backline this season. No idea where Kovacic was at the weekend, but I would expect him to be back in the squad if fit. Caballero in if Mendy isn't fit and then a toss up between Azpi and James for RB... I'd go James personally.

Caballero

James - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell

Kovacic - Kante

Mount - Havertz - Pulisic

Werner

Subs: Kepa, Tomori, Azpi, Kovacic, Ziyech, CHO, Giroud

Means Tammy misses out in the squad, but I think if we need to change the game, Giroud will be more suited to this kind of battle.

Rob B   

Incredibly frustrating for the journalists to ask about the Van Djik injury and Billy Gilmour’s injury progress on a Champions League press conference...

No reference to Mendy, Silva or Kovacic which isn’t helpful at all.  Assuming all are fit, I would hope to see...

Mendy

Azpi.       Silva.     Zouma.   Chilwell 

Mount     Kante     Kovacic 

Havertz      Werner    Pulisic 

Explicitly Mount playing centrally for his work-rate,  with Ziyech and co to come on if the game needs them.