• Current Donation Goals

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm arranging a Cher lookalike competition.

I'm calling it Cher and Cher-a-like

😬

😀 You should sell that one to a tribute artist!

chara   
37 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm arranging a Cher lookalike competition.

I'm calling it Cher and Cher-a-like

😬

Ham..a friendly warning...there is a special hell for those who peddle BAD PUNS......hopefully we can share a pint or two there some time in the very distant future!

chara   
6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

😀 You should sell that one to a tribute artist!

AND I guess you'll be joining us eventually NB?

Does seem as though Mendy will be fit for this game, in which case he obviously goes straight back in.

Ziyech off the bench if we're comfortable, but he's clearly quite away from match sharpness and so will have to be slowly integrated into the team.

Azpi v James is a tricky one, I get the need for our captain to be playing at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he did, but for me personally, I think we could do with James' deliveries from the right-hand side over the next couple of games, imagine them coming in with pinpoint accuracy from Chilwell and James - cover the left side, we attack down the right and vice versa.

Either way, the long term future at full-back looks very bright indeed, just need to resolve the CB issues!

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Azpi v James is a tricky one, I get the need for our captain to be playing at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he did, but for me personally, I think we could do with James' deliveries from the right-hand side over the next couple of games, imagine them coming in with pinpoint accuracy from Chilwell and James - cover the left side, we attack down the right and vice versa.

Pinged crosses are less important if we don't have Giroud or Tammy playing.

Home Game CL it should be 3pts in the bank, cannot afford to be on the back foot after one game

Going to be interesting to see how many changes from Saturday. (Personally I suspect around of 5 changes which really unacceptable at this level of football.)

On 10/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, paulw66 said:

They have a tactically astute coach , are well drilled and no real superstars. The very anthithesis of what we are right now.

But we do? Who are they if I may ask? Werner, Havertz and Pulisic has the potential to be superstars but they are not there yet imo. Silva is a former superstar and as for Kanté? Well, he sure ain't performing like one and hasn't done so for a good while.  

Starting XI should pick itself;

----------------------Mendy

Azpilicueta-Silva-Zouma-Chilwell

------------Kanté---------Kovacic

Mount----------Havertz--------Pulisic

---------------------Werner

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Abraham

Will be a very, very tough game this. Sevilla is probably the best team in the group and have quite a few really good players in Navas, Diego Carlos, Rakitic, Fernando, Ocampos, Suso, De Jong and Munir. 

Edited by The_Ghost

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Does seem as though Mendy will be fit for this game, in which case he obviously goes straight back in.

Ziyech off the bench if we're comfortable, but he's clearly quite away from match sharpness and so will have to be slowly integrated into the team.

Either way, the long term future at full-back looks very bright indeed, just need to resolve the CB issues!

The Aspi v James is not a tricky one for me right now. Our main problem has been leaking goals. We have a wealth of attacking options . We need 2 proper full backs who can give us options going forward but primarily know how to defend. This is Chilwel and Dave. At this moment in time we need to solidify our defence. Chilwel Zouma Silva Dave with Mendy in goal is head and shoulders our best line up. The moment AC or Kepa comes into the equation it can all break down. James will see plenty of games but for the big ones its Dave. Solid skipper too.

32 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Home Game CL it should be 3pts in the bank, cannot afford to be on the back foot after one game

Going to be interesting to see how many changes from Saturday. (Personally I suspect around of 5 changes which really unacceptable at this level of football.)

obviously 3 points would be brill and is what we would like, but a draw for in current circumstances ( no home crowd to will us on) would be ok against a strong team in the group. A defeat is not a disaster but it puts so much pressure on for next couple of games. I'd like a solid disciplined performance with a clean sheet.