• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Burnley 0 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Turf Moor before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hrs. on Saturday, 31st October 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport Box Office)

bert19   

This is a tricky one.  Burnley don't look great and things don't seem happy there, but we've fallen victim to wounded animals before. 

I think we need to start the strongest XI here with the aim of just running them over and getting the frontline scoring.  We're still in the situation of really having to play ourselves into form as well.  

And Remember: BOYCOTT THE PPV.  Spend the 15 quid in the pub to support the local economy or give it to a charity if you can.  Us fans can push the PL to drop this piss-taking nonsense. 

• Like 2

Jasonb   

I watched a lot of Spurs v Burnley last night and it was grim, Kane was the difference in a match with few decent opportunities. 

Burnley were very competitive and I agree we will need our strongest side. 

I'm hoping Chilwell and Werner get a rest against the Russians so we have a couple with energy to burn.

David Coote is the ref with Anthony Taylor on VAR duties , we may as well skip this one and give them the points but save the inevitable suspensions from the sending offs that will occur as Burnley utilise every trick in the book whilst dumb and dumber look on waiting for Azpi to tread on someone's laces.

chara   
36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

David Coote is the ref with Anthony Taylor on VAR duties , we may as well skip this one and give them the points but save the inevitable suspensions from the sending offs that will occur as Burnley utilise every trick in the book whilst dumb and dumber look on waiting for Azpi to tread on someone's laces.

Oh Mark...wish I could laugh and say "Good Old Mark up for a laugh again"...but I know you are not doing that and know how close to the truth you probably are...Burnley don't change and the "officials" are looking forward to a display of "proper" officiating according to the laws of the game and for the good of the game.....how lucky we all are...

paulw66   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So no VAR decisions in our favour. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

So no demotion after he failed to look at the Pickford challenge on VvD?

bert19   
19 hours ago, Backbiter said:

So no demotion after he failed to look at the Pickford challenge on VvD?

A demotion of sorts.  Now people shout at him when he's rubbish.  And it's cold.  And he has to go to Burnley.  

The VAR room is warm and no one is there to give him grief.  Plus he probably gets tea and a biscuit (or a 3 course meal as he's a Ref) 

10 minutes ago, bert19 said:

The VAR room is warm and no one is there to give him grief.  Plus he probably gets tea and a biscuit (or a 3 course meal as he's a Ref) 

I suspect the VAR room (or the nearby Green room) is a major problem.
I always reckoned that the big problem with refs is that they all got together on a Monday and sympathised with each other, and blamed JM or whoever was the pet hate of the day rather than took responsibility for their errors.  A mind set arose that justified all refs decisions and blamed anyone who pointed out errors.  It also aligned with the pro Red media.

I reckon refs getting together in Stockley is making it worse.

This game has below par performance and dropped points written all over it...please prove me wrong Chelsea