• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Burnley 0 Chelsea 3

28 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

1)You assume correctly. Its a new season with a new team. Why would you be looking at last seasons campaign , even though it ended far better than you or anyone else predicted.

2) But here's a crazy idea if you want to compare the two seasons....wait till this one's over!

Alright lets wait 

However is it so wrong so at this stage season with the team having played  7pl games CC & CL games to compare last seasons team/squad which lost it best player, introduced academy players due to a transfer ban against a team/squad who’s been improved by the sum of 250m?

19 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

we currently at the same level as united, Spurs and Arsenal)  

We finished 7pts above the Spuds, 10pts above the Arse and level points with ManUre. 

So the the teams level is going backwards?

14 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Alright lets wait 

However is it so wrong so at this stage season with the team having played  7pl games CC & CL games to compare last seasons team/squad which lost it best player, introduced academy players due to a transfer ban against a team/squad who’s been improved by the sum of 250m?

Well I couldn't agree more. Last season we probably exceeded fans expectations and this year our expectations are obviously more than last seasons because of the players brought in......but....lets not judge from the first couple of games of the season ( when we had no close season) and not when our key players in the big 'change over' were not available. I don't think this is unreasonable and I also don't think its unreasonable to recognise some significant improvement from the early games, particularly in defence. 

37 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

We finished 7pts above the Spuds, 10pts above the Arse and level points with ManUre. 

So the the teams level is going backwards?

Or they are all going forwards

Edited by hallgalley