• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Sheffield United 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Sheffield United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hrs. on Saturday, 7th November 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Jasonb   

We should have time to have more training unlike this weekend for this fixture as playing at home against Rennes midweek and we are at home on Saturday.

They are struggling just now as well.

Another win would be very good for momentum and it would be good to see Kante and Mount in midfield again too.

Edited by Jasonb

bert19   

It'd be nice to beat them (and convincingly) after last season's performances against them. 

I think Wilder is a really good manager and they're a good side (particularly when you consider their resources), but we should be looking for a convincing victory here.  They're in a tough spot at the moment, so I'd like to see us being ruthless and efficient with our chances.

I would expect the same team as last night, unless Pulisic is fit to start, but I would expect Frank to take a cautious approach with him and leave him on the bench. So...

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho - Mount

Ziyech - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Willy, Azpi, Rudiger, Kovacic, CHO, Pulisic, Giroud

Just want a win, let's go in to the international break full of confidence and in the strongest position possible. 

I suspect the same XI but I would make two tweaks compared to the starting XI against Rennes;

Mendy

James-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

Kovacic-Kanté-Mount

Ziyech-Werner-CHO

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Tomori (but will be Rüdiger), Emerson, Jorginho, Abraham and Giroud

We will need energy in the middle of the park against Sheffield and I don't feel Jorginho is providing us with that. I'd also like to see Werner in his best position and think Callum deserves a start. No need to risk Pulisic - even for the bench. 

16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I suspect the same XI but I would make two tweaks compared to the starting XI against Rennes;

Mendy

Kovacic-Kanté-Mount

Ziyech-Werner-CHO

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Tomori (but will be Rüdiger), Emerson, Jorginho, Abraham and Giroud

We will need energy in the middle of the park against Sheffield and I don't feel Jorginho is providing us with that. I'd also like to see Werner in his best position and think Callum deserves a start. No need to risk Pulisic - even for the bench. 

One outfield player over 6ft. 

Set pieces should be interesting. 

Ken Dodd would be happy with your midfield :0)

58 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Mendy

Kovacic-Kanté-Mount

Ziyech-Werner-CHO

Agreed. This is the same line up I would look towards.

On CHO , I do think Frank is desperate to give him a run in the side and use him more, but he is generally offering so little in return though. I think we need to keep giving him chances to play into some form, as he could prove to be a useful asset across the season.

He really needs to step it up. His last start against Krasnodar , his performance can be masked a little by having a goal next to his name. Take that out of the equation, he offered nothing before the goal and very little after.

The talent is certainly  there, but he just seems to be playing with zero confidence and is keeping it simple and nearly every opportunity. I find it hard to believe these are instructions from Lampard he is carrying out.

59 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yeah, CHO and Kovacic have to start.  7th game in 3 weeks, we have very few midfielders and AMs.  They all have to start occasionally, and this is the opportunity.
I can see other players like Azpi or one of the LBs starting too.
Is Silva in the Brazil international squad anymore?

image.png.4c843fcd7b764b4733f38e8592233df7.png

International break follows then just one mid-week break before new year - 12 games in 6 weeks.
If Frank is still here on Tuesday then I reckon he lasts till January and has a chance to prove himself.  Not that we have many tough games to make a statement in.