• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Sheffield United 1

54 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Agreed. This is the same line up I would look towards.

On CHO , I do think Frank is desperate to give him a run in the side and use him more, but he is generally offering so little in return though. I think we need to keep giving him chances to play into some form, as he could prove to be a useful asset across the season.

He really needs to step it up. His last start against Krasnodar , his performance can be masked a little by having a goal next to his name. Take that out of the equation, he offered nothing before the goal and very little after.

The talent is certainly  there, but he just seems to be playing with zero confidence and is keeping it simple and nearly every opportunity. I find it hard to believe these are instructions from Lampard he is carrying out.

Absolutely, CHO has all the tools but for some reason he doesn't seem to get the leverage the quality of those tools indicate he should. No doubt much of it is connected to him not feleing confident and not consistently playing. 

One of the drawbacks with playing for a club like Chelsea. James and Mount is just performing every time they are given a chance. Hudson-Odoi and to some extent Abraham doesn't do that as often. Still, as Droy points out below - it's a long seasn and we currently have both Havertz and Pulisic missing. This is the time to give Hudson-Odoi a start.

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah, CHO and Kovacic have to start.  7th game in 3 weeks, we have very few midfielders and AMs.  They all have to start occasionally, and this is the opportunity.
I can see other players like Azpi or one of the LBs starting too.
Is Silva in the Brazil international squad anymore?

image.png.4c843fcd7b764b4733f38e8592233df7.png

International break follows then just one mid-week break before new year - 12 games in 6 weeks.
If Frank is still here on Tuesday then I reckon he lasts till January and has a chance to prove himself.  Not that we have many tough games to make a statement in.  

I didn't realise Sheffield was perfomring so poorly. Important to bag the three points on saturday. 

Diddymen   
2 hours ago, Bison said:

CHO needs a chance at LW. It is his best position.

From what I read following Wednesday’s match, he didn’t have a great game (from the short cameo appearance)

Interesting stat from premier league write up

Sheff Utd are one of just four clubs to have won more PL matches against Chelsea than they have lost (W4 L3), along with Arsenal, Liverpool and Oldham Athletic.

On 11/6/2020 at 0:40 PM, Droy was my hero said:

If Frank is still here on Tuesday then I reckon he lasts till January and has a chance to prove himself.  Not that we have many tough games to make a statement in.  

Is this a genuine statement? Do you believe it's at all possible Frank isn't still in the job on Tuesday?

Anyone seeing Everton v man utd

Maguire cheated to try and gain a penalty, then within seconds gets away with a red card..Offside given against Everton player, but Maguire clatters into him, missed the ball but Var lets it go

8 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Anyone seeing Everton v man utd

Maguire cheated to try and gain a penalty, then within seconds gets away with a red card..Offside given against Everton player, but Maguire clatters into him, missed the ball but Var lets it go

Yep... Maguire seems to get away with an awful lot doesn't he

Faramir   
On 11/6/2020 at 6:40 AM, Droy was my hero said:

If Frank is still here on Tuesday....

What a crazy statement. You definitely live in a different universe.

2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

What a crazy statement. You definitely live in a different universe.

I can only presume he’s saying it to get a reaction of some sort. Very strange.

Faramir   

Looking forward to the game today.

That 0-3 defeat to Sheffield United was a disappointing result and a terrible performance. Hoping we can correct both the result and performance with a convincing win and another clean sheet.