• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Sheffield United 1

Sciatika   
19 hours ago, JaneB said:

Topics then!!!

I’m just being picky but it’s one of my bugbears, posters ending up talking about the same thing on two different threads.

I know it’s not easy when there’s a live match going on and someone wants to throw in a comment about it but just thought I’d mention it 🤨

Threads? I thought you were talking about my clothes.

paulw66   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or us to play Zouma when he only (sometimes) makes the France bench.
Different judgements and probably different time frames. 

If you look at the CBS available to France, getting on the bench is a great achievement. Laporte doesn't make the squad. 

23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ziyech - first it should be said he gave the ball away a few times, and failed to get into the right defensive positions (things that have been said about Havertz too).   He is certainly a luxury player.  In this game it did not cost too much and the reward was great.
Ziyech reminds me of a flamboyant snooker player.  Every shot/pass/cross has exaggerated backspin or sidespin, as if kicking the ball straight is not allowed.  Tammy's goal came from a throughball to Kovacic with massive backspin which made it much easier to keep in play.

Ziyech is a high risk player, which is exactly what we need in the final 3rd, especially against the low block. It is fairly pointless a winger just making safe passes and retaining a high ball retention statistic whilst not impacting the scoreline. he will frustrate, give the ball away lots while looking for that goal making pass or cross......am completely fine with that if he keeps getting the assists. The analogy with a flamboyant snooker player doesnt really hold as in that example that is showboating, whilst Ziyech is looking for the killer ball.   

Just now, paulw66 said:

Ziyech is a high risk player, which is exactly what we need in the final 3rd, especially against the low block.

Yes I agree.   I just want to get that acknowledged rather than assume everything he touches will turn to gold.
But yes, I do think he can be a bit overflamboyant.  We'll see in due time I guess.

chara   
19 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Threads? I thought you were talking about my clothes.

Barely...........

• Haha 2

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Never happy said:

Sorry

🙆‍♀️😳🤔😮