• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 2

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And barely a mid-week break either.  

At least we're not playing a league cup QF just before the hectic Christmas period. Things get a little easier in the new year too, almost back to the schedule of a normal season.

27 minutes ago, kratos said:

Chilwell limps off for England. Bloody fantastic. Ironic 👏 

At least Rüdiger and Kanté get the week off thanks to suspensions.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:57 AM, chiswickblue said:

At least we're not playing a league cup QF 

Most would have preferred the opposite 

Let's hope the Chilwell injury isn't anything too serious and that he'll be ok for the weekend. Don't really want 2 of the back 4 missing, with Silva already likely to miss out.

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Let's hope the Chilwell injury isn't anything too serious and that he'll be ok for the weekend. Don't really want 2 of the back 4 missing, with Silva already likely to miss out.

We still have Alonso and Palmieri as back up though, don't we? And Azpi can slot in there with James playing right back. It's not like we don't have viable options - quite right that (like you) I'd prefer Chilwell to be fit, but we can afford to rest him if needed.

13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

We still have Alonso and Palmieri as back up though, don't we? And Azpi can slot in there with James playing right back. It's not like we don't have viable options - quite right that (like you) I'd prefer Chilwell to be fit, but we can afford to rest him if needed.

Of course, however, if Silva isn't going to be playing, losing Chilwell too would cause quite a lot of change to what has now become an established back 4, something we've been desperate for, for quite a while.

The squad depth is there though, so we can cover the loss and I would expect Azpi to fill in personally, he should be nice and fresh after no international participation for him.

It seems Chilwell is now back training with the England squad, just a back spasm by all accounts.

chara   
1 hour ago, Phoenix Blue said:

It seems Chilwell is now back training with the England squad, just a back spasm by all accounts.

Whew....but surely for a non game he should be rested?....let Southgate "experiment" again..or still.....plenty of youngsters awaiting a non valid Cap?