• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 2

Horrible fixture for us, add in that it's the early kick off and I go into it with not too much confidence, but if we can quickly refind the form from before the international break, then hopefully we'll have too much for them. Pulisic and Havertz out (Pulisic so frustratingly fragile) and presuming Silva will be rested, I think the team will pretty much picks itself. 

Mendy

James - Rudiger - Zouma - Chillwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Ziyech - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Caballero, Azpi, Tomori, Emerson, Jorginho, CHO, Giroud

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Chity have done slightly better in PL, LC and CL than Chelsea in the last few years, especially in qualifying for the CL. Maybe Pepe thinks winning the LC & PL lessens the blow to his employer of not winning the CL. 

Chity spend zillions and they should deliver the CL, PL, Etc.  on the other hand when Roman spends zillions in the summer it’s ok to come in the top four. Bizarre  

Back on subject, who in the toon has not scored for ages.  I could do with a banker this weekend   

BFN

Slightly different, when you consider Man City have spent £818.5m (£505.6m Nett) in the last 5 years and Chelsea have spent £656.9m (£133.2m Nett) in the last 5 years, so you can see why expectations based on spending may be slightly different between both clubs. 

The expectations on Frank this season are much higher than last season, what exactly they are within the club, none of us knows, but I do get the feeling (and I may be wrong, it's just a feeling after all) that this is different this time around and Roman currently wants to, of course, see progress, especially following his investment in the summer, but I have a feeling he's going to be a bit more patient with this young coach and young squad.

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Slightly different, when you consider Man City have spent £818.5m (£505.6m Nett) in the last 5 years and Chelsea have spent £656.9m (£133.2m Nett) in the last 5 years, so you can see why expectations based on spending may be slightly different between both clubs. 

The expectations on Frank this season are much higher than last season, what exactly they are within the club, none of us knows, but I do get the feeling (and I may be wrong, it's just a feeling after all) that this is different this time around and Roman currently wants to, of course, see progress, especially following his investment in the summer, but I have a feeling he's going to be a bit more patient with this young coach and young squad.

Thank you. saved me the bother. 

• Like 1

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Horrible fixture for us, add in that it's the early kick off and I go into it with not too much confidence, but if we can quickly refind the form from before the international break, then hopefully we'll have too much for them. Pulisic and Havertz out (Pulisic so frustratingly fragile) and presuming Silva will be rested, I think the team will pretty much picks itself. 

Mendy

James - Rudiger - Zouma - Chillwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Ziyech - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Caballero, Azpi, Tomori, Emerson, Jorginho, CHO, Giroud

Would endorse the above. With Pulisic and Havertz missing, the attack picks itself, and the midfield too. 

Good to see Kovacic turn into a goalscoring midfielder in the week - long may it continue!

I hope Rudiger or Tomori take Silva's spot, assuming he misses out. 

If we get an early goal, we could stuff them, however, we all know what is happening here..........they wont move from their half, we will have all of the ball, trying to create something with their 10 players lined up on the edge of their area, and it is going to be a hard watch. I expect we will have double digits for corners, and they might get one or two......thankfully this season, we have looked dangerous from ours and set peices could be crucial here to get the breakthrough.

I believe Callum Wilson is out, which only adds to the probability that they wont attack if they dont have to. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would endorse the above. With Pulisic and Havertz missing, the attack picks itself, and the midfield too. 

Good to see Kovacic turn into a goalscoring midfielder in the week - long may it continue!

I hope Rudiger or Tomori take Silva's spot, assuming he misses out. 

If we get an early goal, we could stuff them, however, we all know what is happening here..........they wont move from their half, we will have all of the ball, trying to create something with their 10 players lined up on the edge of their area, and it is going to be a hard watch. I expect we will have double digits for corners, and they might get one or two......thankfully this season, we have looked dangerous from ours and set peices could be crucial here to get the breakthrough.

I believe Callum Wilson is out, which only adds to the probability that they wont attack if they dont have to. 

It most certainly is, I think I might stay away from here during match day, some will have fired Lampard by half time!

• Haha 1

Unquestionably one of my least favourite fixtures, always go to this excepting to have a great weekend in Newcastle and far too often the result spoils it.

Frank will be all too aware of our past failings there and without overstating one game I think it will be huge for him and the club to go there and get 3 points. 

We have some massive games between now and ending with City on the 2nd January, this period will make or break our season. I'm sure we all hope we start it well and continue the progress and good form we showed before this utterly pointless international break.

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Unquestionably one of my least favourite fixtures, always go to this excepting to have a great weekend in Newcastle and far too often the result spoils it.

Frank will be all too aware of our past failings there and without overstating one game I think it will be huge for him and the club to go there and get 3 points. 

We have some massive games between now and ending with City on the 2nd January, this period will make or break our season. I'm sure we all hope we start it well and continue the progress and good form we showed before this utterly pointless international break.

At least COVID has saved you the bother!

Think Ziyech will be crucial here in trying to open up their defence.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I assume you figures include this summers spending?

BFN

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Thank you. saved me the bother. 

That was probably a good thing. 

Based on nett spend it could be argued we have become a selling club. Also since JM mkll won the PL chity have amassed 66 points or won 22 games more than us in those 5 seasons, that include Conte winning the league. BIZARRE 

BFN

JaneB