• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Group E match against Rennes at Roazhon Park before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55 hrs. on Tuesday, 24th November 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

Win this and we qualify for the knockout phases with two games to spare (unless Sevilla slip up and it will then still be mathematically possible for us to go out), which is a great position to be in. Ideally, we want top spot, but that by no means guarantees you an easy draw as you could end up with one of  Real, Atletico, Juventus or RB Leipzig, but for now let's just get ourselves qualified.

I imagine Frank will want to rest some players if he can and he may be tempted to give Silva another night off and save him the flight. I expect Havertz to travel and get some minutes from the bench and possibly we might see James or Chilwell rested, but Frank may want to get the tie won before he rests too many. I expect to see something similar to this:

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Rudiger - Chilwell

Mount - Kante - Kovacic

Ziyech - Tammy - CHO

Subs: Everyone else that's fit.

I would expect to see Emerson, Tomori/Christensen, Havertz, Jorginho and Giroud off the bench unless we're chasing the game.

I think Frank will go with;

Mendy

Azpi-Silva-Zouma-Chilwell

Kanté-Jorginho-Mount

Ziyech-Abraham-CHO

Holymoly   

Hopefully Jose will outthink himself on Thursday and screw up their Europa League and weekend squads as we need to get a result here as well against Spuds. We can't afford to slip up tonight with too many changes otherwise we will be playing catch up in the remaining fixtures. Obviously Sunday is a huge test for our young guns.

Diddymen   
59 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Hopefully Jose will outthink himself on Thursday and screw up their Europa League and weekend squads as we need to get a result here as well against Spuds. We can't afford to slip up tonight with too many changes otherwise we will be playing catch up in the remaining fixtures. Obviously Sunday is a huge test for our young guns.

I think Jose will rest a few of their big guns on Thursday 

paulw66   
18 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I think Frank will go with;

Mendy

Azpi-Silva-Zouma-Chilwell

Kanté-Jorginho-Mount

Ziyech-Abraham-CHO

I would expect Kante and or Chilwell to get a break here, but let's see. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I think Jose will rest a few of their big guns on Thursday 

Think that goes without saying. We play Tuesday, they play Thursday. Works in our favour this time, but it isn't exactly "fair"