• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Ye Gods! What was that about defensive solidity?

Edited by PeteRobbo

chelboy   

Wasted too many chances today. In a game as tight as this you must take at least 1. We were the better team, much better from Kova and Mount in the 2nd half. Played with more character. Just an off day for the front 3. I know many will point at Tammy for the misses but the other two beside him had poor games by their standards. Werner needs a rest. This recent weeks he has been really poor. 

Would've taken a draw before the game but can't help but feel like we could've done more there. Still, happy enough. Just would've been so great to win. The wait for us to beat a team we're not expected to goes on.

Just now, chelboy said:

Wasted too many chances today. In a game as tight as this you must take at least 1. We were the better team, much better from Kova and Mount in the 2nd half. Played with more character. Just an off day for the front 3. I know many will point at Tammy for the misses but the other two beside him had poor games by their standards. Werner needs a rest. This recent weeks he has been really poor. 

Yeh. Ziyech was really poor and Timo not much better. Tammy had his chances but failed to take any.

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ye Gods! What was that about defensive solidity?

I did fear that would happen, thankfully, they'd convinced themselves they were crap themselves by then. 

Ham   

Typical Mourinho tactics in that second half. They showed absolutely no appetite to come out and play. Relying totally on long balls and break aways.

We deserved the win after that second half.