• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0

José made 10 changes for their Europa League game with only Alderweireld being forced. Of their team tonight, you'd expect only Ndombele and probably one of the centre backs to start on the weekend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chara said:

Yeh, agree about Pulisic. This is a big test alright, but if we can win then it will represent a big step forward I'd say, while a draw, even though it will be better for Spuds, will still be OK for us.

Bit off topic but still fuming after watching the the program Hand of God about the 1986 World Cup final. It still hurts and it still hurts the players....you can feel it.  What I had forgot was that Kerry Dixon was in that squad. I had a chat with Kerry once. I wished I'd asked him about his experience rather than the Brighton game I was at that season. 

Alli got some minutes in and a couple of assists tonight  

He could be JM wild card at the weekend.

could be my banker with his customary headed goal against us. 

JY - BFN

It's a massive game for us and them and because of that, I expect it to be a very cagey game and possibly won by just the single goal either way. At this point, I imagine both managers would likely take a draw.

Kane and Son the clear threat in this Tottenham team and I think Spurs will play on the counter-attack, constantly looking for that Kane to Son pass that seems to have caused so many problems for so many this season and because of this I fully expect Kante to be stuck to Kane for most of the game and that would then leave Silva and Zouma to marshal Son. You get the feeling Silva will need all of his experience in this one as he won't have the pace to stop Son, but fortunately not many in the game these days with more experience than Silva.

It's a shame Havertz won't have had more game time before this game as I think him and Mount as the two 'number 8's' would have caused Spurs a lot of problems, however, Kovacic probably gives us a bit more defensively than Havertz, so may not be the worst thing.

Pulisic is fit to play this one, but I don't see him anywhere other than the bench, I expect Frank will stick with Tammy and Werner on the left, I just hope Werner has been given decent rest time this week as he really looks tired to me and desperately needs a break. Pulisic could have a big role to play off the bench though if things are tight and defenders getting tired, he's a great player to throw on.

I would go with:

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Ziyech - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Jorginho, CHO, Pulisic, Giroud

It will be a great game, it will be a nervous game and I just hope we get the result. Make no mistake, whichever team wins this one is going to get a lot of hype for the rest of the week and I don't think I can cope with that being Spurs and Jose!

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would go with:

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Ziyech - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Jorginho, CHO, Pulisic, Giroud

Agree with the line up. But no Havertz in the squad?

I think with Kane and Son, Spuds have a better forward line. they seem to click together more than ever. God I hope we beat them.

Being billed as the Master V the Apprentice on Football 365 , I expect they forget we beat them twice last season , not to downplay what a difficult opponent they are but Lampard has proved his mettle to Mourinho on a number of occasions including when his Derby side knocked Mourinho's United out of the cup. 

Whatever happens I hope we don't go into the night meekly like we did against United and Liverpool and stamp our authority on them .

If we do ourselves justice and lose , so be it . 

They may be better this season but we are also miles better , especially in attack . 

5-0 home win. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

5-0 home win. 

5-1 home win Alli will get his customary goal

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

40 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Whatever happens I hope we don't go into the night meekly like we did against United and Liverpool and stamp our authority on them .

If we do ourselves justice and lose , so be it

Correcto. 

Cannot afford another negative tactics game against a top four opponent. Those tactics will play into JM hands who will be more than happy to see out a draw.

JY - BFN

Edited by RobertoftheGiz