• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0

40 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well no.  My point is that only a top manager can manage top players to achieve top level performances all season.  
My line is that we often spend a ton of money on players and bring in a successful manager to match.  Twice with JM.  But also Scolari, CA, and Conte.  It is the Lester Piggott story - once you have a horse that is good enough you stop using stable jockeys and bring in a top rider.
When those managers arrived we won the title in their first year 3 times out of 5.
Scolari got sacked PDQ.  JM mk2 arrived probably a year before the team was ready (we were a pony not a horse yet) but still got 80+ points and won the next year.

This team is a Title ready team (or at the very least an 85+ point team).  That is the expectation.  The players are good enough.  The opposition is all having a bad time of it.  All we need is a manager and coaching team that wants the job.

Perhaps NOT ANYONE can manage a team of this quality.  Scolari couldn't.  Lampard seems to have got lucky for now in that opponents have backed off and the players have taken over themselves. 

Well that was a lot of words and pixels to get the final conclusion that Lampard " seems to have got lucky". 

Oh and 9 changes last night, completely different back 4 . Not many of the new expensive buys on show was there? Maybe the good form and confidence is catching. We are going to top the group. Keep the luck coming. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If your arguments are susceptible to ridicule, perhaps you should question where your arguments come from.

"Ridicule"?

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is no "tweaking of meanings" here.  If your arguments are susceptible to ridicule, perhaps you should question where your arguments come from.

Seriously?

Sadly there is always tweaking of words and meanings with you. You have developed it into an art form. Just in this latest exchange you earlier quoted me as saying that Lampards earlier games were just "ok" and then in the very next time line, you claim I called those same performances " crap". See what you did? Tweaked and twisted. 

No coach is above criticism but as you well know, I have been optimistic and positive about Lampard all season. Even when he got it wrong, I had faith he would eventually get it right. You have been negative for 18 months.  

And yes " seriously" this season is trickier. Certainly for Lampard. Were you not suggesting a short while back that the sack was beckoning? If you were even close to being right, then this season IS 'trickier'. 

35 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And yes " seriously" this season is trickier. Certainly for Lampard. Were you not suggesting a short while back that the sack was beckoning? If you were even close to being right, then this season IS 'trickier'. 

No this season we should be getting 85 points easily.  Certainly much more easily than getting 4th place last year.
No excuses this season.

chara   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No this season we should be getting 85 points easily.  Certainly much more easily than getting 4th place last year.
No excuses this season.

Droy...have to agree with NB.....you are far and away better than some of the corners you insist on painting yourself into........we all have our individual opinions on every issue and I always read with interest and appreciation your analysis of stats and opinions on games and individual performances........I also used to appreciate the windup factor squeezed in but of late the has become annoying and tedious to the extreme.

You are far and away in the top tier of interesting posters even when I totally disagree with you...it's not the disagreement that is an issue..it's the refusal for you...and not alone on here I have to say....to agree to disagree...please for all our sanity...not the least that of our moderators.....return to the sometimes edgy but always interesting and intelligent Droy....

Written with respect.

• Thanks 2

JaneB   

Respect

thiago and friends.jpg

Ham   
14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Respect

thiago and friends.jpg

Is this just before he blew his nose on a Spurs shirt whilst talking to them? #norespectforspuds

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No excuses this season.

Exactly. No excuses. And thats why its trickier. But he actually didn't need an excuse last season because he exceeded all expectations.

Well he certainly exceeded yours. 

JaneB   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

Is this just before he blew his nose on a Spurs shirt whilst talking to them? #norespectforspuds

I don't know Ham!!!  I came across this by chance and thought it was a nice pic of the South American players together.  That's all.

6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Exactly. No excuses. And thats why its trickier. But he actually didn't need an excuse last season because he exceeded all expectations.

Well he certainly exceeded yours. 

I wish you would stop relying on that memory of yours.
The team did not meet my expectations at all.  66 points is definitely one of the poorest seasons we have had over 20 odd years.
Many of the new players surprised on the up side though.