• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sevilla 0 Chelsea 4

bert19   
53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Intriguing.  If he has been promoted to the senior bubble I presume that either one of our 3 CMs is injured (Jorginho? - Kovacic stayed on for a full 90 mins) or that SFL does intend to use him anyway - perhaps against Krasnodoor.

Anyone know if there is a necessary quarantine period to jump the fence at Cobham?

Pretty sure he's been training with the first team for at least a few weeks.  He was officially 'promoted' to be with them full-time last season and has definitely been seen in first team training photos for the last few weeks on the social media channels

16 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Pretty sure he's been training with the first team for at least a few weeks.  He was officially 'promoted' to be with them full-time last season and has definitely been seen in first team training photos for the last few weeks on the social media channels

But not even on the extended bench for Rennes.
Scored against Man City for U23s on Sunday Nov 22 so I guess he jumped the fence soon after that.

bert19   
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

But not even on the extended bench for Rennes.
Scored against Man City for U23s on Sunday Nov 22 so I guess he jumped the fence soon after that.

So from a quick look at the @chelseafc instagram, he’s on a video scoring past Willy in first team training the week ending with the Sheff Utd game, so he was with the first team group before the International break. 
Video here dated November 10 https://www.instagram.com/p/CHaKB9bAEX4/?igshid=1khk57gme1osv

edit - here he’s with Timo Werner in training on Oct 30 https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-W1UXsYOE/?igshid=ixxexmn0evrw

Edited by bert19

3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

So from a quick look at the @chelseafc instagram, he’s on a video scoring past Willy in first team training the week ending with the Sheff Utd game, so he was with the first team group before the International break. 
Video here dated November 10 https://www.instagram.com/p/CHaKB9bAEX4/?igshid=1khk57gme1osv

edit - here he’s with Timo Werner in training on Oct 30 https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-W1UXsYOE/?igshid=ixxexmn0evrw

Strange isn't it.  I thought they had to stay in their bubbles for a while.  He was off on the international break then back with the U23 team.  

I think SFL will rest a lot of players for this one as a draw will do us as we should beat Krasodar regardless of the team we put out. Sevila are also missing big players and will have an eye on Real at the weekend. It may even be SFL switches to 352 again and goes for the 0-0 and will switch it up if we go one down. 

The problem this year is that finishing 1st isn't going to hold as much weight (except as a Bayern proof insurance) as teams like Real, Juve/Barca, Atleti and PSG/Leipzig all look like they may be finishing second. If Real end up topping their group and Salzburg do a number on Atleti, then fair enough, 1st will become a lot more important, but with the way things stand atm, it is nowhere near as important as last season. 

bert19   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Strange isn't it.  I thought they had to stay in their bubbles for a while.  He was off on the international break then back with the U23 team.  

I wonder if the bubbles have some correlation with regularity of testing? Perhaps you can join the first team if you match their testing schedule? Further examination of the instagram page shows him with N’golo Kanté on 9/10

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

The problem this year is that finishing 1st isn't going to hold as much weight (except as a Bayern proof insurance) as teams like Real, Juve/Barca, Atleti and PSG/Leipzig all look like they may be finishing second.

I don't want to play the team that comes above RM, Juve, Barca, AM or PSG either.

bert19   
2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think SFL will rest a lot of players for this one as a draw will do us as we should beat Krasodar regardless of the team we put out. 

The problem this year is that finishing 1st isn't going to hold as much weight (except as a Bayern proof insurance)

I think you play for 1st regardless as then you’re at least a touch unlucky if you draw a top team, whereas finish second and you’re really earning that particular scenario.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't want to play the team that comes above RM, Juve, Barca, AM or PSG either.

Well Juve/Barca are in the same group, so that is happening regardless. Utd will be above PSG, so couldn't play them anyway. As for Real, the team above them are Gladbach or Shakhtar, whom have both benefitted from the current situation imo, by the time Jan rolls around Real will be in a lot better place imo. As for AM, yeah that is Bayern, definitely want to be avoiding them but it would only be a 1 in 4 chance we could hit them at worst. Either way, 1st doesn't hold as much weight as previous seasons and any kind of draw tomorrow pretty much gives us top spot and I am not convinced the Sevilla line up is going to be that strong due to injuries and their game at the weekend. 

9 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I think you play for 1st regardless as then you’re at least a touch unlucky if you draw a top team, whereas finish second and you’re really earning that particular scenario.

Do not get me wrong, I want to finish top. However, I see us being able to do it with rotating the squad for this one as a draw does us tomorrow and Sevilla have a lot of injuries.