• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sevilla 0 Chelsea 4

paulw66   
11 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think SFL will rest a lot of players for this one as a draw will do us as we should beat Krasodar regardless of the team we put out. Sevila are also missing big players and will have an eye on Real at the weekend. It may even be SFL switches to 352 again and goes for the 0-0 and will switch it up if we go one down. 

The problem this year is that finishing 1st isn't going to hold as much weight (except as a Bayern proof insurance) as teams like Real, Juve/Barca, Atleti and PSG/Leipzig all look like they may be finishing second. If Real end up topping their group and Salzburg do a number on Atleti, then fair enough, 1st will become a lot more important, but with the way things stand atm, it is nowhere near as important as last season. 

If we come second, we are virtually guaranteed a hard tie

Come first and we may not 

Edited by paulw66

Sciatika   

Just play to win because there is no way to game the fixtures at the moment. If we win the group we will probably meet one of Atleti, Real, Porto, Ajax, Lazio, Juve or PSG. Whereas if we are runner-up it's likely to be Bayern, Gladbach, Dortmund or Barce.

46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If we come second, we are virtually guaranteed a hard tie

Come first and we may not 

Well lets see what the line up is. I suspect, SFL will be thinking along the lines I have outlined and still be confident of getting the top position. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Henry Lawrence included in the squad. Anyone know how good he is?

No idea 

Quite a few of the European big boys are having bad/average campaigns this year ( Barca, Real, PSG, Juve,) that the competition is currently looking more winnable for the English and German teams, or Atletico (Mind you Bayern were pretty bad this time last year and went on to win it) You would hope that we will also improve further as the team gets more settled, so we should really be aiming to finish first for, hopefully, a slightly easier ride to the quarters

4 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Henry Lawrence included in the squad. Anyone know how good he is?

It seems TOCWS doesn't even know what position he plays, so don't think many of us will know much about him!

chara   

In life there are no free lunches....in the knockout stages of the CL there are no easy games.....rest some players and take whatever team .the draw gives Chelsea 

On 30/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, bert19 said:

Mendy

Reece Rudiger Thiago Dave

Kante

Kovacic Havertz

CHO Giroud Pulisic 

I think Werner needs a rest and a bit of rotation over the next few weeks, Havertz needs a start, Giroud should start, Zouma could benefit from a rest too. 

Yep, like your team Bert.

On 01/12/2020 at 0:58 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn't be resting too many here, we want to go and top the group, for a potential better draw but also fo the confidence it will give the team. That said, I would expect a few to get a rest, that need it.

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Rudiger - Chilwell

Havertz - Jorginho - Mount

Ziyech - Giroud - Pulisic

I think your midfield looks vulnerable to penetration MBiB