• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Leeds United 1

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'll file a full report. Perhaps I'll scream the names of various CFCnet users, bound to get picked up on mic with so few of us there.

perhaps a banner would be better? good chance of being seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 28/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, blue moon said:

It’s only £40 in the shed though?

 

On 29/11/2020 at 9:08 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's largely paper talk, I understand you can get in the Shed end for £40. 

Anything they can do to make us look bad they're there, never miss a trick. 

 

On 29/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, paulw66 said:

Yes, a small portion will be paying 40 quid. The others 75 

It's absurd money for what is effectively a massively diluted product 

so, read up on this on the website.

Of the non hospitality tickets going, 20% are in the shed at £40 and 80% in the West Lower at £75

Am glad not applying in the ballot doesn't affect my ST holder status / rights in future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                 Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

      Kovacic Kante Mount

      Ziyech Giroud Werner

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Abraham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

                 Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

      Kovacic Kante Mount

      Ziyech Giroud Werner

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Abraham

Will be interesting to see who starts out of Pulisic and Werner.

I think Frank has no choice but to start Giroud after that masterclass against Sevilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
3 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Will be interesting to see who starts out of Pulisic and Werner.

I think Frank has no choice but to start Giroud after that masterclass against Sevilla.

On the Giroud debate, we can all agree he deserves to start. His hold up and link up play is the best we have and right now his finishing is on fire. The one thing he can't do is run very fast, and I think this causes Frank a headache as he wants to play a high pressing game.

Last night, he had pace either side in CHO and Pulisic, so it's not so problematic. Ziyech isn't the quickest either, so I am not sure Frank will want to start with 2 out of the front 3 as players who aren't quick. If Giroud plays, I think it puts Ziyech's place in doubt. I might be wrong, but that is how I see it. 

 

Edit - would be very surprised to see Pulisic start 2 games in 4 days after the injuries he has had. Think he will treated with kid gloves

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

On the Giroud debate, we can all agree he deserves to start. His hold up and link up play is the best we have and right now his finishing is on fire. The one thing he can't do is run very fast, and I think this causes Frank a headache as he wants to play a high pressing game.

Last night, he had pace either side in CHO and Pulisic, so it's not so problematic. Ziyech isn't the quickest either, so I am not sure Frank will want to start with 2 out of the front 3 as players who aren't quick. If Giroud plays, I think it puts Ziyech's place in doubt. I might be wrong, but that is how I see it. 

 

Edit - would be very surprised to see Pulisic start 2 games in 4 days after the injuries he has had. Think he will treated with kid gloves

Interesting take. Could very well be something in it and against Leeds I think pace up front will be paramount. But boy would it be harsh on Giroud if he was not starting...

If you are right above, starting Giroud would then mean a front three of;

Werner - Giroud - Hudson-Odoi

Also, Ziyech hasn't exactly been awesome for the past couple of games and Pulisic isn't fit enough to start two games in four days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'll be Ziyech-Giroud-Werner as well which I'd be happy with. Mount, Kanté and the first choice back four returning obviously. Then the only other decision is Kovacic or Havertz. I would be fine with either choice. Kovacic had a good game yesterday. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giroud has to start, I don't see how Frank could not, if Tammy had been banging them in week in, week out then maybe you could make the argument for him coming back in, but that sadly isn't the case at the moment. The annoying thing is, I was expecting (and Frank probably to) that Werner would be coming back in as the main striker on Saturday.

The question is then who either side of Giroud and whether Kovacic or Havertz plays... personally, I'd go for Kovacic as he's in good form and Havertz still hasn't quite got going yet.

 

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Ziyech - Giroud - Werner

Subs: Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic, Tammy

 

Won't be an easy game this one, but with a sprinkling of fans in the ground, I expect the players to be very much up for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Giroud has to start, I don't see how Frank could not,

Giroud came off only on 84 mins, just after spoiling the perfect hattrick with a penalty.
Kovacic and Havertz who may be competing for a place in the game came off after 67mins.

It doesn't seem Frank was considering Giroud till then.
Rather it looks like Tammy and Werner are lined up to play together again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now