• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Leeds United 1

Faramir   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Giroud came off only on 84 mins, just after spoiling the perfect hattrick with a penalty.
Kovacic and Havertz who may be competing for a place in the game came off after 67mins.

It doesn't seem Frank was considering Giroud till then.
Rather it looks like Tammy and Werner are lined up to play together again.

How do you spoil a perfect hat trick with a fourth goal? You do have a strange way of looking at things.

Droy, are you happy we won last night? I don't get that coming across in your posts.

Faramir   

I think Frank has been playing Tammy because he wants him to develop into a top striker, and because of Giroud being at the end of his career. However, he needs to play the inform player. Giroud has to start in the Leeds game.

bert19   
2 minutes ago, Faramir said:

How do you spoil a perfect hat trick with a fourth goal? You do have a strange way of looking at things.

Droy, are you happy we won last night? I don't get that coming across in your posts.

Surely, if anything - the fourth goal being a penalty makes it a perfect fourth? Left foot, right foot, header, penalty...

bert19   
Just now, Faramir said:

I think Frank has been playing Tammy because he wants him to develop into a top striker, and because of Giroud being at the end of his career. However, he needs to play the inform player. Giroud has to start in the Leeds game.

Agreed.  He's in real run of form, so surely should play.

I am sorry but Giroud has to start this one. There is absolutely no justification for him not to start. If he doesn't then I totally understand if he pushes hard for a transfer in Jan. 

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Giroud has to start in the Leeds game.

Probably not. 

If you look at form guide of ecky thump united. You will notice they been humped by teams with genuine pace attack.

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Probably not. 

If you look at form guide of ecky thump united. You will notice they been humped by teams with genuine pace attack.

So Leeds are supposed to have this great energetic style of their own. 
Is anyone able to give a proper description of the style?

It sounds as RotG suggests, that they would be vulnerable to rapid counterattack.

chara   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It sounds as RotG suggests, that they would be vulnerable to rapid counterattack.

Something that has been bothering me a little.....Leeds are very pacey in their present incarnation and maybe...I say maybe.... a more mobile front line would bother them.

No argument that Giroud has earned consideration but any coach has to balance the issues and challenges of every game on an individual basis...hard decisions are what they are paid for...not bowing to public ..in this case justified...opinion,

Against a lot of teams I would say it was a no brainer but this one is a bit trickier.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

They play ike a 10-year-old on a PlayStation  only 10 of them

On 11/30/2020 at 8:07 PM, thevelourfog said:

I'll file a full report. Perhaps I'll scream the names of various CFCnet users, bound to get picked up on mic with so few of us there.

On 30 mins exactly just scream out something insane!