• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Morecambe 0

13 minutes ago, Bison said:

Havertz is so pedestrian. The ball is played to him and then he passes it straight back. He doesn't play on the half-turn and doesn't make an effort to do...anything.

He just gets the ball and then passes backwards, rinse and repeat.

I mean, in fairness we are as a team are not finding solutions for a deep and packed defence beyond looking for Emerson and Azpi. Can't think of a single occasion anyone, Havertz included, received the ball and had any pass other than looking for a full back on.

Edited by thevelourfog

Kezza   

Still can't thread a ball through the middle. Takes the easy route and pass it sideways across the D.

Bison   
4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I mean, in fairness we are as a team are not finding solutions for a deep and packed defence beyond looking for Emerson and Azpi. Can't think of a single occasion anyone, Havertz, received the ball and had anything other than looking for a full back on.

Whilst true I was hopeful a 70m player would be capable of at least playing on the half-turn, dropping a shoulder and creating some plays for himself or those around him.

He's basically playing like a midfield version of Giroud.

Edited by Bison

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I mean, in fairness we are as a team are not finding solutions for a deep and packed defence beyond looking for Emerson and Azpi. Can't think of a single occasion anyone, Havertz included, received the ball and had any pass other than looking for a full back on.

Then you've got to question the method. Under Sarri we saw plenty of vertical and through balls even into the box from players just outside the box and the D. 

Kezza   
2 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Poor performance so far honestly hope he brings on a extra forward at half time

Better for him to bring on another full back considering that's the only route we know to play.