• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Morecambe 0

33 minutes ago, chara said:

Echoed my thoughts....sort of game the smaller clubs prayed for .....and no one begrudged them the income or chance on a big stage..the real "Magic of The Cup"

Mentioned this before.  In the 70s I had a teacher who played non-league semi-pro for Enfield.  They got through Qualifying round 1, 2, 3 & 4.  Then amongst League teams they got rhough proper Round 1 and proper Round 2.
They all got together to listen to the 3rd round cup draw.
Enfield Town....    versus   ...   Blyth Spartans.

And they lost.

• Haha 1

How many to rest? Personally, I'd rest as many as possible apart from those we need to find some form, get fit. Havertz and Werner must start, a goal from anywhere against anyone will be a blessing for those 2 at the moment. Christensen is out so hopefully, Tomori finally gets a game, unless he's got a loan lined up and they don't want to risk injury.

Kepa

Azpi - Rudiger - Tomori - Emerson

Gilmour - Bate

Pulisic - Havertz - CHO

Werner

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

How many to rest? Personally, I'd rest as many as possible apart from those we need to find some form, get fit. Havertz and Werner must start, a goal from anywhere against anyone will be a blessing for those 2 at the moment

Yes - playing a few into form is probably more important than resting anyone or giving youngsters a game just for the hell of it.  Especially with no other game for a fortnight.
Werner and Havertz.  Good game for CHO.  Bate is an interesting one, looks terrific in the clips I have seen, but another small guy.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes - playing a few into form is probably more important than resting anyone or giving youngsters a game just for the hell of it.  Especially with no other game for a fortnight.
Werner and Havertz.  Good game for CHO.  Bate is an interesting one, looks terrific in the clips I have seen, but another small guy.

Yeah, from what I've seen of him and read about him, he seems quite the talent, but you're right he is another small guy, which is my worry for Gilmour - has all the talent we want, but I think he'll need size and strength next to him to allow him to play his game.

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, from what I've seen of him and read about him, he seems quite the talent, but you're right he is another small guy, which is my worry for Gilmour - has all the talent we want, but I think he'll need size and strength next to him to allow him to play his game.

Livramento is another that looks staggeringly good in the clips.  18 Playing RB/WB but looks like he could play anywhere (and mostly does).
But I'm not sure how the bubbles work and how we can move players into the first team squad.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Livramento is another that looks staggeringly good in the clips.  18 Playing RB/WB but looks like he could play anywhere (and mostly does).
But I'm not sure how the bubbles work and how we can move players into the first team squad.

Yeah, that is a good point, I know earlier this season Frank said we couldn't just move players from U23 etc into the first team bubble for one-off games and I can't believe that's changed at all, which would be a shame for players like Bate and Livramento as otherwise, you would expect they could at least make the bench for this one. We'll see.

Kepa 

Rüdiger Christensen Tomori

Livramento Gilmour Bate Emerson

Lawrence Abraham Anjorin

James, Chilwell, Silva, Zouma, Kanté, Mount, Werner, Havertz and all the wingers should be completely rested for this one.

Chrisb   
On 12/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, chara said:

Echoed my thoughts....sort of game the smaller clubs prayed for .....and no one begrudged them the income or chance on a big stage..the real "Magic of The Cup"

I’m just hoping they don’t earn the title of “Giant killers!” after this game.

I'm in the "start Havertz and Werner" camp; on form they shouldn't be playing against Fulham anyway so will get their rest one way or another, and even the ball deflecting off their arse and over the line would be a boost at this point. For Havertz especially; after Christmas seems to have been when his Leverkusen form kicked in.

Otherwise though, play as many kids as possible. Livramento does look exciting but I've seen less of Bate.

Edit: this is on BBC, am I right in thinking?

Edited by thevelourfog

Chrisb   
22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm in the "start Havertz and Werner" camp; on form they shouldn't be playing against Fulham anyway so will get their rest one way or another, and even the ball deflecting off their arse and over the line would be a boost at this point. For Havertz especially; after Christmas seems to have been when his Leverkusen form kicked in.

Otherwise though, play as many kids as possible. Livramento does look exciting but I've seen less of Bate.

Edit: this is on BBC, am I right in thinking?

I think they’re showing the Crawley v Leeds game