• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Morecambe 0

asvaberg   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Be fair - it was 5 weeks ago - a lot of water under the Bridge since then.

Not much water under the Bridge Stadium :)

However, under the Yorkshire Stamford Bridge.....lots of Norwegian blood and water....

Just being picky :) :)

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

@Chrisb @thevelourfog @CarefreeMuratcan

I had already put this information up.

12 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I hope we are on the red button. Internet streamed football games are poor quality compared to over the air broadcasts. 

I just checked https://www.live-footballontv.com/chelsea-on-tv.html to be sure and it turns out we are on the Red Button as well! 

Red Button channel numbers:

Terrestrial
Freeview Channels 601–602 (1-2)
Cable
Virgin Media Channels 991–992 (1-2)
Satellite
Freesat Channel 980 (HD)
Channels 981–982 (1-2)
Sky (UK only) Channels 981–982 (1-2)

paulw66   
23 hours ago, chara said:

Agree in principle but basically putting out a side of footballing strangers? 

Fine if there is no real ambition for the club to progress any further in the FA Cup..... now there's a point for discussion somewhere...... and the result is of no importance.

Morecombe are in league 2, and haven't trained for 10 days due to COVID.

If that proposed side can't win, then we have bigger problems than I thought. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I reckon we can hold them to a nil-nil ,  maybe get through on pens. 

chara   
20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Even in the lower leagues they are players...not Sunday morning warriors.....It;s not so much that probably as individuals the Chelsea side are the better players but putting out any side with a mixture of players who have played in different groups together is a risk at any level.

Having said that of course you are right but in preseason games..as were!...usually game time fixtures with mixed level/age sides are disjointed and no result of any importance emerges....that is what I was refering to ..I think!

Rob B   

I think I’d put out a fairly strong side for this one. Largely down to our current form and desperate need for a win, but also because so many players haven’t played football and need to play instead of the development lads.  Something like;

Mendy 

Azpi  Rudiger Tomori  Emerson 

Gilmour  Bate

CHO  Havertz  Anjorin 

Abraham

Absolute must-play in Bold. Tomori ordinarily would be, but not sure on loan situation so may not be risked. 

Werner vs Tammy is a toss of a coin for me, and both should get at least half hour to showcase themselves for Fulham.

If we get comfortable, then the likes of Livramento, Lawrence etc would be on in a flash, but a strong-ish team initially to get the job done. 

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

I think I’d put out a fairly strong side for this one. Largely down to our current form and desperate need for a win, but also because so many players haven’t played football and need to play instead of the development lads.  Something like;

Mendy 

Azpi  Rudiger Tomori  Emerson 

Gilmour  Bate

CHO  Havertz  Anjorin 

Abraham

Absolute must-play in Bold. Tomori ordinarily would be, but not sure on loan situation so may not be risked. 

Werner vs Tammy is a toss of a coin for me, and both should get at least half hour to showcase themselves for Fulham.

If we get comfortable, then the likes of Livramento, Lawrence etc would be on in a flash, but a strong-ish team initially to get the job done. 

Apparently, Tomori is sticking around now, due to the Christensen injury, so I suspect he will get game time here... he desperately needs it!

I would personally be playing Werner as striker with Havertz just behind him (so the formation above), but we need them to play together, we could do with them both getting a goal somehow and just building up some confidence, which isn't something Tammy is lacking due to his form being alright.

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

Tammy and Oliver are better suited to play at Fulham with there matchbox sized pitch