• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Morecambe 0

Just now, Super Kenny Monkou said:

We need a convincing result given recent form and confidence of players.

Hence why Werner is playing.

We should be able to get a convincing result with a few more youth players involved in the squad.

I completely get Werner playing, I've said all along Werner and Havertz should both be playing, but we had 5 youth team players training with us all week, so would have expected to see a bit more involvement. Give Azpi, Zouma and Mount a rest, surely?

But, it is what it is, let's hope for plenty of goals, mainly from the germans!

Ham   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We should be able to get a convincing result with a few more youth players involved in the squad.

I completely get Werner playing, I've said all along Werner and Havertz should both be playing, but we had 5 youth team players training with us all week, so would have expected to see a bit more involvement. Give Azpi, Zouma and Mount a rest, surely?

But, it is what it is, let's hope for plenty of goals, mainly from the germans!

I'm guessing Frank would like us to be winning convincingly before bringing the kids on. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

I'm guessing Frank would like us to be winning convincingly before bringing the kids on. 

Although it's only 'kid', just Anjorin on the bench.

Would have thought Bate could have been on the bench ahead of either Kovacic or Jorginho and Soonsup-Bell ahead of one of Tammy or Giroud. It's just a shame, as potentially the only chance they'll get this season to be involved. 

Honestly didn’t expect such a strong line up. I guess the thinking is to treat it like a practice session, get some confidence, bag a few goals. Surprised Mount is starting though. If anyone needs a break, it’s Mount. 

Just now, Original 21 said:

Honestly didn’t expect such a strong line up. I guess the thinking is to treat it like a practice session, get some confidence, bag a few goals. Surprised Mount is starting though. If anyone needs a break, it’s Mount. 

I am wondering if he's trying out a midfield 2 of Mount and Gilmour, with Havertz more advanced, although does sound extremely lightweight.

Sciatika   

Maybe. I expect it will be a three with Billy a little deeper than the others. I think SFL likes it to be a bit fluid.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Although it's only 'kid', just Anjorin on the bench.

Would have thought Bate could have been on the bench ahead of either Kovacic or Jorginho and Soonsup-Bell ahead of one of Tammy or Giroud. It's just a shame, as potentially the only chance they'll get this season to be involved. 

Ah.  I hadn't actually seen the bench.  Just assumed the kids would be on it.  

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ah.  I hadn't actually seen the bench.  Just assumed the kids would be on it.  

Yeah, the bench is the bit that I find a bit disappointing, I think we could have had 3 of the kids on there, especially as we can make 5 subs.

Ah well, let's just get the result.

30 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Much stronger than expected,

More likely the penny has dropped with Frank on the expectations of a head Coach at the club.

I was hoping frank would of chosen 2 up front for a change but he obviously stuck to this formation. Mount starting again is a strange decision seems to play every minute but in my opinion needs a rest