• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 FK Krasnodar 1

Chrisb   

Can’t really see any of those who started last night forcing their way into Frank’s immediate plans. 
It was a disjointed lackluster performance but probably what was expected when you throw that sort of team together. Thought Jorginho had a poor game by his standards.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I just watched Giroud miss 5 out of 6 good chances against Leeds and get a lot of praise for it.

Not sure what that has to do with it.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Tammy has 5 goals in 10 starts.  No penalties (yet).  A bit previous to write him off now.

Against West Brom, Sheffield United, Newcastle, Rennes and Barnsley.......

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure what that has to do with it.

Against West Brom, Sheffield United, Newcastle, Rennes and Barnsley.......

You may recall, but other than a very weakened Seville team with I think a 3rd choice keeper, the whole Chelsea squad has zero goals against good teams this season,

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

You may recall, but other than a very weakened Seville team with I think a 3rd choice keeper, the whole Chelsea squad has zero goals against good teams this season,

But that's how you want to judge us as a team so surely that's how you would judge a striker?

Ok then how about in 67 games he has scored against Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool, no other top team. 3 goals in 67 games. 

bert19   
8 hours ago, DannyLB said:

You are splitting hairs but I’ll indulge. I think it’s fair play by Frank to want to win the match, dead rubber or not, hence bringing that quality on. The culture of looking to win every match is something I welcome. 

I agree totally.  We should have won last night.  Just didn't quite try hard enough to do it. 

49 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not gonna lie, the more Tammy plays the more obvious it becomes that he is never going to be good enough to be first choice striker for us if we want to compete for major trophies.

Take away his purple patch at the beginning of last season, where he scored 10 in 10 league games,  his record is pretty terrible, 

I think he's got lots of ability, he's just not being aggressive and proactive enough when it comes to attacking the chances that are presented to him.  If he'd been focused and determined last night, we'd have won comfortably.  He deserves a bit of a coating for his performance last night, mainly because he just wasn't trying hard enough to make an impact.  Hopefully that can come, that resolute belief and determination to score.  He's young enough, but the ball is in his court.  

I'm not saying he's an R9 or Van Basten in terms of ability, he isn't - but there have been plenty of forwards that aren't necessarily great players per say, but by being determined and just by attacking the six yard box they've scored loads of goals (Andy Cole springs to mind - essentially crap player but scored bag fulls of goals).  

I think it's down to Tammy now.  He's more than shown that he has the ability to play here, but the grit and attitude that comes with it is down to him.  Lets hope he wants it and can push on again. 

Edited by bert19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ok then how about in 67 games he has scored against Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool, no other top team. 3 goals in 67 games. 

That is fairer comment perhaps.  I still think it is early to write off a player with 23 goals in 43 starts.  (67 games includes a lot of subs off and subs on).

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That is fairer comment perhaps.  I still think it is early to write off a player with 23 goals in 43 starts.  (67 games includes a lot of subs off and subs on).

Maybe but you still can't hide the fact that he has scored 3 goals against top sides, and that's being generous by including Arsenal.

If your going to use the fact that we haven't played well or beaten a top side yet as an argument for your opinion on Lampard and us as a team I think it's only fair to use the same argument for individual players.

It's not that I dont rate him or dont want him here I just dont think he is ever going to be good enough to be first choice  if we want to go on and win the biggest trophies.

18 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I agree totally.  We should have won last night.  Just didn't quite try hard enough to do it. 

I think he's got lots of ability, he's just not being aggressive and proactive enough when it comes to attacking the chances that are presented to him.  If he'd been focused and determined last night, we'd have won comfortably.  He deserves a bit of a coating for his performance last night, mainly because he just wasn't trying hard enough to make an impact.  Hopefully that can come, that resolute belief and determination to score.  He's young enough, but the ball is in his court.  

I'm not saying he's an R9 or Van Basten in terms of ability, he isn't - but there have been plenty of forwards that aren't necessarily great players per say, but by being determined and just by attacking the six yard box they've scored loads of goals (Andy Cole springs to mind - essentially crap player but scored bag fulls of goals).  

I think it's down to Tammy now.  He's more than shown that he has the ability to play here, but the grit and attitude that comes with it is down to him.  Lets hope he wants it and can push on again. 

Thanks, sums it up much better than I would have.

Rob B   

Tammy did win the penalty last night too...

You could also make a strong case for Wolves, Ajax and arguably Sheffield United  (based on last season) being on that list also, in what was his breakthrough season in the PL at a 'big club'  

I like Tammy, a lot, but it's clear he's still got some developing to do - namely getting on the end of things that flash across the box.  Giroud is rightly our number one striker as it stands today, with Werner and Tammy much of a muchness depending on winger availability and type of opponent. 

We're lucky to have the strongest strike-force (Number 9s) in the Premier League