• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 FK Krasnodar 1

bert19   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Alternatively, what if he plays well? Don't really see the point in playing Willy tbh. He wont play unless Mendy gets injured 

Surely that's a reason to play him? 90mins of a bit of match time.  

If Kepa plays well, it'd be long overdue and given his form of the last year could be seen as the same sort of anomaly as a really good keeper making a howler.  And even being generous, is one decent performance going to erase a scouting manual full of deficiencies? I rather think not.  

Best for all involved would be his next appearance being for whatever club he might get loaned or sold to - fresh start for all.  

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Surely that's a reason to play him? 90mins of a bit of match time.  

If Kepa plays well, it'd be long overdue and given his form of the last year could be seen as the same sort of anomaly as a really good keeper making a howler.  And even being generous, is one decent performance going to erase a scouting manual full of deficiencies? I rather think not.  

Best for all involved would be his next appearance being for whatever club he might get loaned or sold to - fresh start for all.  

You're overlooking one thing. 

Kepa is currently our number 2 goalie. He is the one warming the bench and if Mendy is struck down, Kepa plays on Saturday.

I presume that wont change until / if we can find a club to take him, therefore, he is the one in need of the game. Let's be honest, the scenario where nobody takes Kepa is a lot more likely due to his wages, so I presume we are stuck with him for the foreseeable

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You're overlooking one thing. 

Kepa is currently our number 2 goalie.

Exactly. For three PL games after Mendy arrived, Cabs was on the bench.  For the last 3 it was Kepa.  That is the way I'd expect it to continue.

Kepa doesn't have a future here, and if there are any suitors for a loan move in January I'd absolutely wouldn't play him. He has a whole bunch of mistakes in him (no reason to remind everyone of how bad he is) and he might get injured...

For me;

Caballero

Azpilicueta(C) Rüdiger Tomori Emerson

Havertz Jorginho Gilmour

CHO Abraham Pulisic

Subs; the rest

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Kepa doesn't have a future here, and if there are any suitors for a loan move in January I'd absolutely wouldn't play him. He has a whole bunch of mistakes in him (no reason to remind everyone of how bad he is) and he might get injured...

So why is he on the bench instead of Willy?

you can't pick or not pick a back up player because they might get injured, particularly a GK. 

What if any of the team you picked get injured? 

We have to be resting our first team in this one and as such, I would expect a formation shift to help accommodate that. This for me is a game we just need to get through, get some minutes in some legs and give those who haven't had the chance play much, get a run-out. Therefore, I would go:

Kepa

Rudiger - Christensen - Tomori

Azpi - Jorginho - Gilmour - Emerson

Havertz - Tammy - CHO

Subs: Everyone else.

We have Everton at the weekend, whose form isn't quite what it was at the start of the season, it's still a tricky fixture, so a fresh team with a full weeks rest would be a big boost.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

CHO injured. Hammy

Struggling with wingers now.

Plenty of defenders available.

That is not good news. Emerson/Alonso emergency winger?