• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

Sciatika   

This is one of the fixtures that worries me every year. Calvert-Lewin is looking good this season and there is a good spread of goals among the other players. No doubt, Richarlison will be suffering from that ear infection that always seems to affect his balance.

paulw66   
4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

This is one of the fixtures that worries me every year. Calvert-Lewin is looking good this season and there is a good spread of goals among the other players. No doubt, Richarlison will be suffering from that ear infection that always seems to affect his balance.

Bullied us last year. Was feeble. 

I think Everton away is always a benchmark of where you are as a team. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Bullied us last year. Was feeble. 

I think Everton away is always a benchmark of where you are as a team. 

Yes, Everton raised their game against us more than they've ever done against anyone, in terms of the effort, energy, challenges made and distance covered. It was the big Dunc effect, but it was also the bottle-job/ bent ref effect that allowed them to get away with some very rough stuff (notably Calvert-Lewin on Christensen).

Calvert-Lewin has been exceptional so far this year. Looks like the complete centre-forward.

bert19   

I'd go with this team: 

Mendy

Reece Zouma Thiago Chilly 

Kovacic Kante Mount 

Pulisic Giroud Werner

Just play our best available XI and take it to them.  

Team picks itself for this one really, Kovacic over Havertz and Giroud over Tammy. The bench will be interesting though, will Frank find a place for Gilmour? 

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kovacic - Kante - Mount

Werner - Giroud - Pulisic

Subs: Kepa, Rudiger, Azpi, Jorginho, Gilmour, Havertz, Tammy

I, like many other, dislike this fixture, I never go into it full of confidence, but I'm hopeful of a result this time, I think Silva and Zouma can control Richarlison and DCL and Mendy can collect the crosses into them.

Be interesting to see if this 11 can then play in the game vs Wolves in the week or if we'll begin to see a little more rotation over this busy period.

It's going to be a difficult one for sure , I'd go exactly as MBIB above , the side really does pick itself these days , I thought Werner has looked far better on the right the few occasions he's tried it so that should be good to see from the start . 

They're a decent side , it's always a tough fixture but we're easily good enough to win this one. 

Team picks itself.

Mendy

James Zouma Silva Chilwell

Kovacic Kanté Mount

Pulisic Giroud Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Rüdiger, Azpilicueta, Emerson, Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

18 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Team picks itself.

Mendy

James Zouma Silva Chilwell

Kovacic Kanté Mount

Pulisic Giroud Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Rüdiger, Azpilicueta, Emerson, Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham

Hudson-Odoi is out injured I'm afraid

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Hudson-Odoi is out injured I'm afraid

Ouch, hadn't realised that. 

So Gilmour on the bench then? Doesn't feel great going into a game away to Everton with Abraham the only attacking option on the bench...