• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

Rob B   
52 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Doh!

how many teams have we beaten in the top 10 this season?

What is this new obsession with beating teams inside the top 10 all about??  Do you get more points for that now or something??  Because it feels like the anti-Lampard brigade clinging onto a stat to discredit him to me. 

Are we saying that beating Aston Villa, West Ham or Southampton makes Lampard a better manager than if we beat Arsenal, Wolves or Leeds?  Because that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

We are 3 points off the top of the league, that’s the one that matters. 

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Are we saying that beating Aston Villa, West Ham or Southampton makes Lampard a better manager than if we beat Arsenal, Wolves or Leeds?  Because that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

makes a world of sense to me.

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Which is not good news.  

Faramir   
16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Type slowly though as I'm too stupid to understand most things the "clever" people write. 

Excellent humour once again Mark. This gave me a real good laugh. I nearly choked on my cornflakes.

Faramir   
5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I hope you're correct however as time goes on I see far more trolls on this forum of whom I would question their true allegiance. They dress up their absurdly judicious opinions with cherry picked stats and quotes seeking to pass them off as deeply perceptive critiques and demean anyone who dares question them. We all know who they are and it's true their presence here can provide some light relief at times, however when they start steaming in all guns blazing over one poor game it becomes both tiresome and embarrasing to consider that these individuals are passing themselves off as Chelsea supporters. I fear that the ambience they end up creating here may well drive away others who are less inclined to discount their rhetoric.

Yep. I stayed away from this forum for the best part of two years because of this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The only reason for being 3 points of the top is because the two team who have been hitting 90 points mark for the last couple of seasons are not performing. The previous two season either chity or the dippers were ~34 PST after 12 games. Also in those two season the we “Chelsea” had 26pts and 28pts respectfully. 

Points make prises, therefore after 12 pl games sarriball and transfer ban squads performed better than a squad which has had the biggest investment in the last decade.

Its a funny old game. 

Being 3 points off the top may be ok for some.

22 points from 12 games is not.

Just because City and Liverpool are not what they were, which was to be expected, does not mean we should accept being ****, just because what the league table looks like now.

How have Tottenham, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Everton, Villa, Palace, Newcastle had such good starts to the season if it's all to do with Covid?

22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Being 3 points off the top may be ok for some.

22 points from 12 games is not.

Just because City and Liverpool are not what they were, which was to be expected, does not mean we should accept being ****, just because what the league table looks like now.

How have Tottenham, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Everton, Villa, Palace, Newcastle had such good starts to the season if it's all to do with Covid?

Martin, it's no good us all getting riled up about it, we all want the best for the squad and the club and each of us have our own view on things I bet there aren't two people on here who agree 100 % about everything except maybe DWMH and TVF (joke! Before anyone gets offended ). 

Football is a visceral game that knocks everyone's reason out the window. 

I'm happy you have strong views on the club it shows you care and that's what we need. Not that I agree personally with much of it but we can all learn from other perspectives. 

Except me that is. 

I'm still getting to grips with this new fangled electrickery and my learning is none too good either. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Without wanting to fan the flames of the discussion around some people's perceived negativity from some posters etc, I just have to say that I miss the days when logging on would mean seeing opinions from people about the teams' performance or certain players performances of form etc, at the moment it does seem to be filled with people trying to prove themselves right and others wrong and people throwing around stats and charts aimed at proving the manager is or isn't good enough, rather than offering good insightful opinions of matches and performances.

Everyone has different opinions, that's fine, but it's also ok to listen to other opinions and have that influence or even change yours, but it feels like people are stuck debating whether Frank is any good or not and missing the actual football and discussing the intricacy of performances and potential upcoming games and how we should approach them. I'm sure those posts are still being written, but they're getting lost amongst the constant back and forth point-scoring that is happening.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

GURJ SS   

I hope this forum continues to be a place where people can express their opinion without being attacked for it, disagreements are part of debates, debates are what increases knowledge on matters.

In regards to us only being 3 points off the top, it sounds ok when put like that, but we really could have done what Leicester City did when they won it and taken advantage of everyone else misfiring, but we ended up misfiring too and that is what will cost us as the season goes on, and 22 points from 12 points is poor form. My main worry though is that we seem to have too many players who are content with passing the responsibility on when faced with a chance to dribble: too many of our players are so reluctant to pick the pace up and have a go at the opposition. For example:

Ziyech relies on someone making a run and him picking them out - that's normally the style of a player who plays a Cesc role. Havertz wants someone to make a run to find with a through ball and again that's the role of a Cesc or Modric. Both aren't able to defend to the ability that we can commit our centre mids to make runs into advanced positions or play them both in central positions, that means two players in advanced positions who aren't going to do what Pulisic and Odi would do, which is move into dangerous positions to try and help the striker score a goal, and if that fails beat 1-2 people and get a shot off. Mount has the right balance, he tries to find a teammate or have a go, yes he can sometimes rush it but he has another game plan if a pass isn't on. Havertz for some bizarre reason is being used as a number 8 to circulate possession now, when for his previous team he was basically a supporting striker who got into the box.

I honestly think if we had last season's attack with this season's defensive organisation (basically Silva) we'd be top of the league. We looked dangerous in attack last season with players who wanted to put opposition's defenders off balance and facing their own goals. This season we have players who are 1v1 and turn their back on the opposition. We all had our frustrations with Willian going sideways too many times, but he was direct as Pulisic and Odoi combined when compared to Ziyech and Havertz. Disclaimer: I'm not doubting the quality of Ziyech and Havertz, I'm doubting Lamps in finding the right balance of those who move the ball by passing and those who move it by running with it.