• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

chara   

A view point....with AVB Scolari and RDM(Grant I felt was never going to be a long term appointment) I begun to feel an unease about their tenure quite early on...not a personal dislike just not comfortable...at this stage of Frank's administration I do not feel the same level of unease...that's not to say I am brimming with confidence and support for him...it's not a simple for/against issue....but I am prepared to give him time as I think I can see progress...I appreciate that others may have the same sort of uneasy feelings I mentioned above about Frank and always wish to read other opinions and view points .....(.the one I did dislike and wished gone I can appreciate as a good business decision at that moment in time much as it angered me)

One man's pessimism is another's negativity.......one man's optimism is another's agenda........lets keep the personal attacks out of it......Droy gets a lot of stick and deservedly so at times but he is also a very interesting poster and always in essence worth reading......I could write an appreciation of probably everyone on here and with sincerity...Those views I disagree with are something for me to match  against my ideas and maybe modify my stand or firm up my stand...surely that is what debate is about?

Only half serious but maybe match forums should be split....game time and immediate aftermath...and what I refered to before as "The Cold Light of Day" section when usually a concensus is arrived at with most of the posters in agreement at some level.!

Ham   

17 games unbeaten clearly papered over the cracks here.

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Ham said:

A lot of draws in there. And plenty of games against pretty modest opponents 

Ham   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

A lot of draws in there. And plenty of games against pretty modest opponents 

Granted but I've been satisfied on the whole with the performances and the style of play. I like the direction we're going in. Despite the investment, we've paid a lot of money for the potential of certain players and not because they're already the finished article.

I don't expect us to win anything this season but next season there will be no excuses.

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

Papered between two losses.
But it seems to have been enough for some.
I wish people would stop jumping from "don't obsess about the stats" to cherry picking stats.

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Granted but I've been satisfied on the whole with the performances and the style of play. I like the direction we're going in. Despite the investment, we've paid a lot of money for the potential of certain players and not because they're already the finished article.

Surely you mean the opposite.  Every player bought this year is a ready player for a title chaser.
Ziyech is 27, Chilwell is 23 (24 next week), Werner is 24, Mendy is 28, Silva is either finished or the finished article, but not one for the future.
Havertz was £70m and 21.  Same age as Mount and similar number of games, though all for Leverkusen, not a mix of levels.  Similar to Hazard when he arrived, older than say Robben.
Everyone else has just had a full season under the existing manager.

I really do wonder how you can see the same players as "not the finished article".  Odd.

Another Derailed Groundhog Day thread, Only with a seasonal touch lots of Snowflakes channelling their inner Kenneth Williams ‘infamy infamy They've all got it in for me!"

Lack of context free assertions. . . tick

Victim hood. . . . . . tick

Murmurings of  ummm errrr “Cliques”

Touching reminiscing of long gone coaches . . . Tick

Rose tinted glasses. . . Tick

Touching projections of the value of soon to gone players. . . Tick

Good job there is another match tomorrow there may be something new to add

Hats off To Chara for diplomatic endeavours and GURJ SS for articulating different opinions
With some grace

A bit bemused by some of the comments. Always appears to be a good healthy debate on here.  A good balance of characters.

maybe I feel that way because of all the bile I read about us by rival fans on a daily basis in comments sections. 

15 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

It really is not about one poor game.

Not sure how many times I need to say this but anyway.

74 games 54% win ratio

20 games this season 55% win ratio (everyone told me to give the team time at the beginning of the season when I was seeing the same or very little difference from last season, 10 games most said, I hope 20 should suffice)

I'm assuming that your optimistic assessment a few days ago that this was a team that could win the league doesn't now stand. 

P.s. I think we are a contender. I don't want to wait for 2022, I'd like to push for the title now. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

On 12/13/2020 at 8:49 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed, performances this season have been well short of a title challenge level.

Maybe they have , but that's nothing to do with Lampard, its just the board fault for signing all the wrong players,  and that has been made perfectly clear against Everton. 

These players don't need coaching, they should coach themselves. I know you agree. 

• Haha 1

chara   
1 hour ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

A bit bemused by some of the comments. Always appears to be a good healthy debate on here.  A good balance of characters.

maybe I feel that way because of all the bile I read about us by rival fans on a daily basis in comments sections. 

Generally good healthy debate and because that is the case the times when posters get into it and personal attacks occur it all stands out and drags down the issues.

No where near the incredibly illiterate and mindless bile printed day in and day out in the DM among others..as noted before..a sub species I'm sure....

We do have the Scouse place for Kobar but I don't recall ever reading anything akin to the absolutely vile comments aimed at Chelsea......it may come as a complete surprise to the children who post on DM etc but Liverpool Spurs and United have been in lower divisions. If 115 years of Chelsea means "no history" and plastic then what can be said about any club?