• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

On 13/12/2020 at 9:31 PM, Chrisb said:

Yep, after only 5 games the media had Everton as being possible winners! After today’s results it’ll be Southampton and Leicester’s turn to be touted as potential Champions! It’s a long way to go so anything could still happen. 

Not only that, we are trailing the leaders with a solitary win 😂 You gotta love the melodrama on here sometimes. 

I’m not too keen on participating in this never ending discussion back and forth. But it is amusing reading, particularly from a selected few on either side. There are arguments on both sides, but for me the conditions at the start of the season weighs more for me. We will all have our answers end of season! 

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Maybe they have , but that's nothing to do with Lampard, its just the board fault for signing all the wrong players,  and that has been made perfectly clear against Everton. 

Sounding like Conte

9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm assuming that your optimistic assessment a few days ago that this was a team that could win the league doesn't now stand. 

P.s. I think we are a contender. I don't want to wait for 2022, I'd like to push for the title now. 

You misunderstand. Again.

This squad could and should win the league in the near future.

I dont think they will unless something changes. 

Ok.

I take on board what some have said about the never ending back and forth. 

I hope those people have taken on board the reason it happens from my point. If your gonna tell me I have no idea what I m talking about, do not undestand football, am trolling, not an actual Chelsea fan, need a slap or anything else you want to throw my way and then give it the massive biggun when we beat a few **** teams as if that vindicates your view and proves your point only to then throw your toys out the pram when it goes the other way then it will carry on. And on. And on.

I will try to move on.

Let's hope others do, especially the ones that moan the most about it yet are the main reason it happens.

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ok.

I take on board what some have said about the never ending back and forth. 

I hope those people have taken on board the reason it happens from my point. If your gonna tell me I have no idea what I m talking about, do not undestand football, am trolling, not an actual Chelsea fan, need a slap or anything else you want to throw my way and then give it the massive biggun when we beat a few **** teams as if that vindicates your view and proves your point only to then throw your toys out the pram when it goes the other way then it will carry on. And on. And on.

I will try to move on.

Let's hope others do, especially the ones that moan the most about it yet are the main reason it happens.

Seems this post is directed towards me? If so, I’m very surprised as I have never accused you of anything you mention above.

Perhaps I have misunderstood and you are referring to someone else? 

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Seems this post is directed towards me? If so, I’m very surprised as I have never accused you of anything you mention above.

Perhaps I have misunderstood and you are referring to someone else? 

Not aimed at you at all mate.

I can see why you would think that though, it was your post about the going back and forth that made me write it, and I agree with you, but it was not aimed at you.

Holymoly   
20 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The only reason for being 3 points of the top is because the two team who have been hitting 90 points mark for the last couple of seasons are not performing.

Using that reasoning the winners of the league each year would have to earn more points than the previous season otherwise you consider them lacking. This is not an absolute, you have to take into consideration the varying relative quality of the opposition, injuries, suspensions, new signings and plain old fashioned fatigue. You're beginning to sound like a Liverpool supporter.

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Using that reasoning the winners of the league each year would have to earn more points than the previous season otherwise you consider them lacking. This is not an absolute, you have to take into consideration the varying relative quality of the opposition, injuries, suspensions, new signings and plain old fashioned fatigue. You're beginning to sound like a Liverpool supporter.

Put it a different way then.  22 points from 12 games is on par for 70 points in the season.  Ignoring the poor teams we have faced that might be a weak start for an 80 point season.
In which case we are challenging for a title if this is a title won with 78-82 points (Leicester only).
That may be the case this year, but if so we really ought to be putting our skates on, season is a third over already and we are 5th (while City and United could catch us if they win their game in hand.

However one looks at it, from club or league pov, this year is one hell of an opportunity which we do not seem to be grasping.

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

However one looks at it, from club or league pov, this year is one hell of an opportunity which we do not seem to be grasping.

Well one point of view may be that no-one is grasping it?