• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 18:00 hours on Tuesday, 15th December 2020 (Local UK time/date)

Chrisb   

Moutinho looks like he’s out for this one since he was red carded today. Hopefully we can continue with a decent win, not sure what the line up will be with the Everton game to come before this one.

paulw66   
19 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Moutinho looks like he’s out for this one since he was red carded today. Hopefully we can continue with a decent win, not sure what the line up will be with the Everton game to come before this one.

Who knows..... All I know is that this has become a must win 

Expect a few changes if possible. Need Pulisic desperately

chelboy   

Doubt we will see Pulisic, Frank said he had been feeling his hamstring all week. To be honest I don’t get why Pulisic is even training if thats the case. I bet Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO all return at the same time just to add extra frustration to the situation. 

For Wolves I would go

Mendy

Rudi Zouma Silva

James Anjorin Kante Mount Chilwell

Giroud   Tammy. 

I dislike the formation but it’s probably the best fit for now. We could also try a diamond with Kova coming in but Frank has never tried that so it probably won’t happen. 

Havertz and Werner could do with some time on the bench. They are not ready for this Christmas fixture list and they only have a decent 30-40 mins in them right now. 

6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Havertz and Werner could do with some time on the bench. They are not ready for this Christmas fixture list and they only have a decent 30-40 mins in them right now. 

Dream on

at 130m they both need to play. Hopefully with Werner being striker and Havertz playing in his natural position, “that prompted the club to pay 70m for him”

FC - ITWITE

chelboy   
46 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Dream on

at 130m they both need to play. Hopefully with Werner being striker and Havertz playing in his natural position, “that prompted the club to pay 70m for him”

FC - ITWITE

It’s not about the price. Pulisic struggled with the intensity when he first came here . He was put on the bench and given little cameos until he adapted better to the league and he cost more than Werner. Werner has been playing games non stop almost every 3 days for club and country. He’s been a passenger for quite a while now and we are heading into a hectic fixture list. Havertz not being able to pass the ball 5 yards doesn’t have anything to do with position. It’s tiredness. 

I'd be going with the usual 433 again. Mostly because an extra CB is not what we need right now, and James/Chilwell are playing like wingbacks anyways. 

Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

Havertz Kanté Mount

Pulisic Giroud Werner

Diddymen   
4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd be going with the usual 433 again. Mostly because an extra CB is not what we need right now, and James/Chilwell are playing like wingbacks anyways. 

Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

Havertz Kanté Mount

Pulisic Giroud Werner

I am not sure Havertz is up for it to be honest.

and please don’t shout at me on this, but I haven’t seen anything from him to suggest he is going to be world class. Yes I know he is young, new league, covid, etc, but cmon, at least have a great first touch, an eye for a pass, a great cross, a dribble. Not seen any of this. Someone, anyone, please tell me this will come and I am talking out of my arse

Edited by Diddymen

chara   
7 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I am not sure Havertz is up for it to be honest 

Have to agree..I really think he has not fully recovered from covid....ordinary living recovered but not top class football recovered....always talk of players needing to be rested under match fitness terms ....hate to think of the sapping of energy for anyone struck down with the it. Stamina is usually the last thing to come back...from first hand experience.....

asvaberg   

When Men were Men

When Stadiums were packed, atmosphere was tremendous, commentators were fairly neutral.

When we played excellent football; didn't win but sealed promotion :)

Edited by asvaberg