• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

Any news on Pulisic? I'm presuming he'll miss this one or at best make the bench, in which case Frank needs to move away from 433 and I suspect we may see a 4231 - although I'd personally like to see Havertz with a run of games on the bench, for his own benefit. 

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho

Mount - Havertz - Werner

Tammy

Bench: Kepa, Rudiger, Azpi, Kovacic, Gilmour, Pulisic, Giroud

It won't be an easy game and Wolves will likely smell a bit of blood, but it's whether they have enough about them currently to try and capitalise. Fortunately, we probably won't come up against a team with 4 CBs happy to play for a draw (or get a penalty and play for the 1-0), which is good, but we need to see a lot more in attack than we did on Saturday, improvements needed everywhere (apart from RB).

Waspeze   
58 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Any news on Pulisic? I'm presuming he'll miss this one or at best make the bench, in which case Frank needs to move away from 433 and I suspect we may see a 4231 - although I'd personally like to see Havertz with a run of games on the bench, for his own benefit. 

Mendy

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho

Mount - Havertz - Werner

Tammy

Bench: Kepa, Rudiger, Azpi, Kovacic, Gilmour, Pulisic, Giroud

It won't be an easy game and Wolves will likely smell a bit of blood, but it's whether they have enough about them currently to try and capitalise. Fortunately, we probably won't come up against a team with 4 CBs happy to play for a draw (or get a penalty and play for the 1-0), which is good, but we need to see a lot more in attack than we did on Saturday, improvements needed everywhere (apart from RB).

He's in the squad, not sure if he'll start though, according to FL's latest presser

3 minutes ago, Waspeze said:

He's in the squad, not sure if he'll start though, according to FL's latest presser

That's good news, we are desperate for him to play this match.

On 13/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, RobertoftheGiz said:

Dream on

at 130m they both need to play. Hopefully with Werner being striker and Havertz playing in his natural position, “that prompted the club to pay 70m for him”

FC - ITWITE

This is out of date. I've already said - Frank Carson - It's the Way I Tell 'em

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

This is out of date. I've already said - Frank Carson - It's the Way I Tell 'em

Oops

very apt for the forum at the moment:

HAHHADW1234RTNTTLIPS

Come on then Chels, let's get back on track, let's get another win and push on through the Christmas fixtures. A win here and Everton becomes 'one of those days', but we all know a defeat and the press will start enforcing the 'panic'.

Praying for Pulisic!

Our lack of wingers are a problem.

I also think our midfield if we continue with a v in a 433 is a problem.

Might he worth playing Mount out wide, Havertz as a 10 or second striker and go back to a pivot of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic. Interestingly I think that's where Mount will end up playing long term. As one of the deeper midfielders rather than a more attacking one which we seem to be trying to make him so when everyone is fit he can just slot in there next to Kante.

I dont like Mount out wide but we may just have to play him there for a few games. We know he will do a job. 

Havertz has been really poor but I watched more than enough of him to know how good he is. Would help if we played him in his best position, he can do a job from the right but that's not his best role and I m not convinced he can play as an 8. I like the idea of Mount and Havertz in a V with one other holding but I dont think it gets the best out of any of our midfielders and just do not see it working when it really matters, in the big games. 

The alternative, if we continue with the V is 3 of Kovacic, Mount, Jorginho and Kante. The obvious problem with that is a lack of goals. Something has to give. Havertz is crucial to the V working but he s miles away at the moment and may never really work out in that role. Mount is becoming less and less of a goal threat, which is not necessarily a bad thing as like I say I think he will play deeper and deeper as he matures so his game is just evolving now he s regularly playing more central.

When everyone is fit and available I would like to see us play.

Kante-Mount

Ziyech-Havertz-Pulisic

Werner.

Edited by Martin1905

40 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Might he worth playing Mount out wide, Havertz as a 10 or second striker and go back to a pivot of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic. Interestingly I think that's where Mount will end up playing long term. As one of the deeper midfielders rather than a more attacking one which we seem to be trying to make him so when everyone is fit he can just slot in there next to Kante.

I dont like Mount out wide but we may just have to play him there for a few games. We know he will do a job. 

This is getting tedious.  Do I have to agree with you on everything.  Yes, Mount has  the energy, intelligence and passing to play alongside Jorgnho or Kante.  And yes we need him out wide right now.

40 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Kante-Mount

Ziyech-Havertz-Pulisic

Werner.

It looks like the long term plan.  But long term plans are ideals, in practice we have squads of 1GK, 5 defenders, 3 CMs, 6 for 7, 8. 10, 11 and 2 CF/occasional ST2.
17 players not 11.  Anyone else is for emergencies and motivation.

Edited by Droy was my hero

52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Our lack of wingers are a problem.

I also think our midfield if we continue with a v in a 433 is a problem.

Havertz has been really poor but I watched more than enough of him to know how good he is. Would help if we played him in his best position, he can do a job from the right but that's not his best role and I m not convinced he can play as an 8. I like the idea of Mount and Havertz in a V with one other holding but I dont think it gets the best out of any of our midfielders and just do not see it working when it really matters, in the big games. 

The alternative, if we continue with the V is 3 of Kovacic, Mount, Jorginho and Kante. The obvious problem with that is a lack of goals. Something has to give. Havertz is crucial to the V working but he s miles away at the moment and may never really work out in that role. Mount is becoming less and less of a goal threat, which is not necessarily a bad thing as like I say I think he will play deeper and deeper as he matures so his game is just evolving now he s regularly playing more central.

When everyone is fit and available I would like to see us play.

Kante-Mount

Ziyech-Havertz-Pulisic

Werner.

Yes, because with this selection we're fielding Werner and Havertz in the positions they both favour and that will be the best way to get the best performances from them I think.

However you're on a wing and a prayer in selecting Ziyech and Pulisic I fear, even though that's what I'd like to happen too.

9 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, because with this selection we're fielding Werner and Havertz in the positions they both favour and that will be the best way to get the best performances from them I think.

However you're on a wing and a prayer in selecting Ziyech and Pulisic I fear, even though that's what I'd like to happen too.

Your right Pete, the chances of Ziyech and Pulisic playing much together look quite slim right now.

What I would like to see though is for CHO to play if one of them is unavailable and then CHO and Mount if both are out, after that then we are in trouble.

We spent a small fortune on 2 of the best attacking players in Europe and then do not play them in their best positions. Its something I really can't get my head round. I know we have had injuries and the whole Covid situation isn't helping anybody but there has been plenty of opportunities to play them in their best positions and we haven't.

It might just be me bur neither of them look particularly happy or appear to be enjoying their football at the moment.