• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Your right Pete, the chances of Ziyech and Pulisic playing much together look quite slim right now.

What I would like to see though is for CHO to play if one of them is unavailable and then CHO and Mount if both are out, after that then we are in trouble.

We spent a small fortune on 2 of the best attacking players in Europe and then do not play them in their best positions. Its something I really can't get my head round. I know we have had injuries and the whole Covid situation isn't helping anybody but there has been plenty of opportunities to play them in their best positions and we haven't.

It might just be me bur neither of them look particularly happy or appear to be enjoying their football at the moment. 

Yeh I agree about the Germans on-field demeanour for sure and I also hope that CHO can get out of the treatment room to help alleviate the absence of Ziyech and Pulisic.

So in my case, for what it's worth, I share some of your suggested recommendations. Nevertheless, I still think that we should give Frank time to get it right, ( come around to our way of thinking!)..........

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It might just be me bur neither of them look particularly happy or appear to be enjoying their football at the moment. 

Agreed.

However the constant injuries to Pulisic must surely have changed what FL wanted to start the season with , his hand has been forced into playing Werner wide left and Playing Tammy as CF in a "lesser of two evils" scenario.

Havertz to me looks really ill and I don't think he should be rushed back too soon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Agreed.

However the constant injuries to Pulisic must surely have changed what FL wanted to start the season with , his hand has been forced into playing Werner wide left and Playing Tammy as CF in a "lesser of two evils" scenario.

Yes his hand has been forced but he could have used CHO more or used Jorginho more and played Mount out wide. At least tried it, what's Werner played 2 or 3 games as a striker?

Quote

Havertz to me looks really ill and I don't think he should be rushed back too soon .

Yeah definitely. I think someone on here mentioned it also, maybe taking the Pulisic approach with him a bit and not just throwing him in every game, most being played out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Agreed.

However the constant injuries to Pulisic must surely have changed what FL wanted to start the season with , his hand has been forced into playing Werner wide left and Playing Tammy as CF in a "lesser of two evils" scenario.

Havertz to me looks really ill and I don't think he should be rushed back too soon .

Could be an idea to utilise Emerson as a left-sided AM or midfielder if we're struggling with injuries for the wide positions at the moment.  Similarly, I imagine Reece could be pushed up to RM with Azpi behind him if needed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrisb   

If Havertz was a horse he’d have been taken on off in the 60th minute at Everton and shot. Think it will take more than a nose bag and a good rub down to get him back to fitness.

If Pullisic starts this game I pray that his hamstrings last more than 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yes his hand has been forced but he could have used CHO more or used Jorginho more and played Mount out wide. At least tried it, what's Werner played 2 or 3 games as a striker?

Yeah definitely. I think someone on here mentioned it also, maybe taking the Pulisic approach with him a bit and not just throwing him in every game, most being played out of position.

I'd like to see a timeline of exactly who has been fully fit at any given time and who has been on good form as I'm not sure we've had too many situations where I've looked at the team/bench and thought in advance of a game "they've got this one really wrong". 

Sometimes in retrospect I have but not before. 

Mount has often made himself undroppable which has defined other picks. 

The injuries to wingers have been ridiculous.  Unprecedented. 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Could be an idea to utilise Emerson as a left-sided AM or midfielder if we're struggling with injuries for the wide positions at the moment.  Similarly, I imagine Reece could be pushed up to RM with Azpi behind him if needed? 

Even try Alonso as a winger with less responsibilities defensively , he's got an eye for a goal .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd like to see a timeline of exactly who has been fully fit at any given time and who has been on good form as I'm not sure we've had too many situations where I've looked at the team/bench and thought in advance of a game "they've got this one really wrong". 

I have, almost every game but then I seem to be in the minority that think Werner absolutely has to start through the middle, every time he plays.

If Havertz plays, he should be playing just behind him.

Just seems weird to me that we would spend that much money on two players only to not play them in their best positions. You build your team around them and go from there.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I dont want to go round and round on this and make it out like I m using it as another way to have a pop at the manager, that's not what it is meant to be. Just healthy debate about what we should be doing going forward.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Could be an idea to utilise Emerson as a left-sided AM or midfielder if we're struggling with injuries for the wide positions at the moment.  Similarly, I imagine Reece could be pushed up to RM with Azpi behind him if needed? 

Yeah, this is the sort of thing I m talking about. 

Personally I would build the team around Havertz and Werner. They play in their best positions and everyone else fits around them. Obviously Kante and Silva play every time they are fit and available.  That gives us one hell of a spine to build around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
Just now, Martin1905 said:

I have, almost every game but then I seem to be in the minority that think Werner absolutely has to start through the middle, every time he plays.

If Havertz plays, he should be playing just behind him.

Just seems weird to me that we would spend that much money on two players only to not play them in their best positions. You build your team around them and go from there.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I dont want to go round and round on this and make it out like I m using it as another way to have a pop at the manager, that's not what it is meant to be. Just healthy debate about what we should be doing going forward.

 

 

I didn't take your point here as a pop at the manager at all. I agree that they should both play in their best positions but I think fate has had other ideas.  

One thing I will say about Havertz recently is that failing to do the basics like controlling a ball and keeping possession aren't necessarily a symptom of being played out of possession.  

Perhaps he's not entirely well but something is off..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now