• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well I agree we are not the finished article ( well I would expect not yet) and it doesn't feel like a blip for some because you have to come out of a blip to recognise it as a blip and not a slump ( if that makes sense). For instance , two good wins against West ham and Arsenal , and considering the 17 game unbeaten run before it , it will be called a blip by most. We lose the next 2 then its a slump . Permission to be positive and say that we will get 6 points from next 2 games.  We have a nice little rest, Ziyech back maybe, Pulisic back to full fitness . Havertz is still a mystery to me tbh but not given up all hope on him. Unlike many teams we have had CL games and 90% of our squad away on international duties. Maybe we just hit a wall. But these are fit young men and they will bounce back. 

Well we certainly should beat Arsenal mate. A Podence and Neto powered Wolves buried them at the Emirates in the match in which Jimenez got his injury.

As for Wham? They have also played Wolves already and stuffed them 4-0, but Wolves were in the early phase of their “transition” then, which probably played a part in proceedings. 

So using a horseplayer's collateral form lines I think we should certainly get 3 points from Arsenal. Wham however is more difficult to predict. That depends on our morale and fitness levels as you suggest.

4 hours ago, hallgalley said:

Maybe it’s something to do with Rudiger who supposedly had something to do with their arrival...

Makes sense or at least did so originally when Rudiger was 4th out of 4 in the pecking order for reasons which must have been down to Frank (or he was about to leave)
Now he is back to 3rd out of 5 even after Silva arriving, perhaps things should be calmer.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Should we be taking this personally?

LAMPS.jpg

Where does it come from?  (Reddit - but where did they get it)
If it is a reference to Frank's denial of Klopp's claims that we are title favourites, then I think someone is making a fair point - but strange that they would put it up on the big screen.

Or is it actually a Covid Help your neighbour at Christmas program?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Chrisb   
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Makes sense or at least did so originally when Rudiger was 4th out of 4 in the pecking order for reasons which must have been down to Frank (or he was about to leave)
Now he is back to 3rd out of 5 even after Silva arriving, perhaps things should be calmer.

Where does it come from?  (Reddit - but where did they get it)
If it is a reference to Frank's denial of Klopp's claims that we are title favourites, then I think someone is making a fair point - but strange that they would put it up on the big screen.

Or is it actually a Covid Help your neighbour at Christmas program?

It’s a reach out and speak to someone you haven’t spoken to for a while type thing. 3 and Chelsea are promoting it, there were a couple of articles on it on Sky news and Sky Sports news earlier featuring Frank but they have mysteriously disappeared! 

chara   

Anyone see the Martin Samuels comment re the Neto penalty dive and goal?

12 minutes ago, chara said:

Anyone see the Martin Samuels comment re the Neto penalty dive and goal?

I'm hoping he says he should have been booked for diving but I expect he doesn't 

Edit. Just read it , it's exactly what I said at the time , the way he thumped his chest and gurned at the camera like he'd been vindicated for cheating earlier by diving did indeed leave a nasty taste . 

Shame the article wasn't more prominant and hidden away at the bottom of his column.

Edited by Mark Kelly

chara   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm hoping he says he should have been booked for diving but I expect he doesn't 

No Mark...quite the opposite...I was shocked to read he was somewhat disgusted at the weak refereeing and the fact Neto got away with a dive and then scored...strange times indeed.

Just now, chara said:

No Mark...quite the opposite...I was shocked to read he was somewhat disgusted at the weak refereeing and the fact Neto got away with a dive and then scored...strange times indeed.

Just as I was editing my post ! lol.

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No one is going to be booked again for diving I reckon.
Refs are fine with giving pens now, because they get bailed out if wrong so more are given.
A lot like more LBWs were given when video reviews came into cricket.

But imagine if you as a ref book a player and then VAR gives the Pen.  You can't withdraw the booking as VAR doesn't rule on yellows.  You look silly.  You'd have to be a really ballsy ref to book a diver now and they don't exist.

The flip side is that diving achieves less with VAR.  But VAR has lead to far more frequent diving.  Which is a shame because pre-VAR there was a campaign against diving that was actually working I reckon.

chara   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

No one is going to be booked again for diving I reckon.
Refs are fine with giving pens now, because they get bailed out if wrong so more are given.
A lot like more LBWs were given when video reviews came into cricket.

But imagine if you as a ref book a player and then VAR gives the Pen.  You can't withdraw the booking as VAR doesn't rule on yellows.  You look silly.  You'd have to be a really ballsy ref to book a diver now and they don't exist.

The flip side is that diving achieves less with VAR.  But VAR has lead to far more frequent diving.  Which is a shame because pre-VAR there was a campaign against diving that was actually working I reckon.

As ever unintended consequences...or are they?

I remember Frank getting sent off ..against Wham I seem to recall...for "diving"...later the red was rescinded...plain for all to see at the time..except the ref ....that he wasn't diving...got clipped I think.

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Edit. Just read it , it's exactly what I said at the time , the way he thumped his chest and gurned at the camera like he'd been vindicated for cheating earlier by diving did indeed leave a nasty taste . 

Shame the article wasn't more prominant and hidden away at the bottom of his column.

In fact all he was doing was celebrating his goal. Had nothing to do with the previous incident.