Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - Christ - Chilwell

Kante

Jorgingo - Kovacic - Emerson

Pulisic - Abraham

:)

could it do any worse? 

asvaberg   

Not from what I witnessed yesterday. The team was clearly tired in body and brain.

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

could it do any worse? 

Rudiger vs Yarmolenko again?

DD - DDD&TD

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Mendy 

Azpi, Zouma, Silva, Chilwell 

James Kante Mount 

Pulisic Werner Alonso 

Jasonb   

Everton I could understand on the back of the Champions League and going away to Wolves again did us no favours yet we were poor at Wolves.

Both teams were prepared for our tactics and I think WHU will like Watford try and soak up pressure and hit us on the counter attack. 

Frank needs to change something and he has a little bit of time too as bizarrely we do not play until Monday. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Everton I could understand on the back of the Champions League and going away to Wolves again did us no favours yet we were poor at Wolves.

Both teams were prepared for our tactics and I think WHU will like Watford try and soak up pressure and hit us on the counter attack. 

Frank needs to change something and he has a little bit of time too as bizarrely we do not play until Monday. 

That is mental when you think about it. We had to play Saturday then Tuesday, despite not playing until Monday. 

Logic (I know, I know) would dictate that the teams penned in for Monday would play Wednesday, and the teams penned in for Saturday would have got the Tuesday slots. 

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Because of this, I would give the players a couple of days off. 

The players yesterday looked like they had played 36 games. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

That is mental when you think about it. We had to play Saturday then Tuesday, despite not playing until Monday. 

Logic (I know, I know) would dictate that the teams penned in for Monday would play Wednesday, and the teams penned in for Saturday would have got the Tuesday slots. 

No I don't think so.  If you play 3 times a week, 3 day gaps are going to happen.  Monday games are quite common, though usually for teams who don't play in Europe.  It is a bonus for us to get one.

In this case an awful lot of teams played Sunday or Monday this week end (with many playing CL Wednesday or EL Thursday).
10 teams only played their weekend game on Friday or Saturday.  Only 4 of them were paired up to play mid-week games this round.  So we played Wolves and City played West Brom.  Every other possible match included at least one team that played Sunday.

Jasonb   

We played 5 games in 13 days, first four were wins, an unlucky loss at Everton where I thought we should have got a draw and yesterday we were poor.

Frank should have rotated the squad it bit more yet we all know due to injuries his choices were limited. 

He also looked rocked by the result.

I liked the look of Anjorin when he came on recently and saw him on the left though unsure if that is his position  or not. He looked to have bags of energy and enthusiasm whereas Werner playing out wider on the left looked bereft of ideas.