• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 West Ham United 0

I think Kante nailed it when he said that we'd chased a win and lost.

Maybe we should sometimes settle for one point instead of chasing three and getting none.

42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe we should sometimes settle for one point instead of chasing three and getting none.

Well that is only true perhaps of the last 10 mins.
We spent 50 minutes sitting on 0-0 and taking a very low risk approach to winning, then getting a goal and sitting on it.
Then we conceded, twice, 66 & 95..

We never chased a win until after we let them score.  We lost not because we were chasing a win, but because we spent most of the game not trying to win.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I would be happy to see the same mentality as per The Utd and the Spuds game occasionally, Chasing the last 2 games has led us wide open to simple counter attacks. as you say a point is a plus in a season where 70 odd points may win a title.

Has to make changes for this one as clearly some players need a break and some are just out of form. I'd like to somehow see Azpi in for this one, but James is almost undroppable, but I think we could just use his experience in a game like this after recent results. I would go with:

Mendy

James - Azpi - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Gilmour - Kante

Mount - Werner - Pulisic

Subs: Kepa, Rudiger, Kovacic, Havertz, Jorginho, Tammy, Giroud

This is a must-win game and not only that it needs a proper performance from the players, I want to see the fight and passion back

West ham are 1 point behind us having played stronger teams on average.  We are not on the best of form.

This game is difficult.  A good win would be a big positive.  On form that would be a surprise. Yet the bookies have us 4/9 big favourites to win.

I guess the bookies presume we are a much better team than our results to date. 

Sciatika   

I think bookies are more focused on the betting market than the football, so I doubt they have an opinion on the qualities of our (or West Ham's) team.

10 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think bookies are more focused on the betting market than the football, so I doubt they have an opinion on the qualities of our (or West Ham's) team.

OK, then the betting world in general thinks we are the much better bet.  

Arguing against markets is difficult.

asvaberg   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

West ham are 1 point behind us having played stronger teams on average.  We are not on the best of form.

This game is difficult.  A good win would be a big positive.  On form that would be a surprise. Yet the bookies have us 4/9 big favourites to win.

I guess the bookies presume we are a much better team than our results to date. 

When Palace managed 1 point there yesterday, we SHOULD manage 3. 

Period ! :)

11 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

But WHU beat Wolves 4-0.   They beat Leicester 3-0.  They have beaten  teams in the top 10, we haven't.

Of course we should beat them easily.  

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

We lost twice last season to them. We have been terrible these last two games and reverted back to how we were playing at the beginning of the season. Coupled with this, we haven’t beaten any team from the top half of the league.

unfortunately, I have no confidence in a win

Edited by Diddymen