Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

Does the truth hurt?

No but the repetition does. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Mark Kelly said:

Mendy 

Azpi, Zouma, Silva, Chilwell 

James Kante Mount 

Pulisic Werner Alonso 

I quite like that Mark. That midfield 3 has legs and energy. And just once I'd like to see Alonso play a forward role. Werner through middle is another thing That has to be tried. If we had a fabragas to chip balls over the top or inch perfect through balls, Werner would be devastating. He is more Salah than Pat Nevin.

Jasonb   
5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

He is more Salah than Pat Nevin.

Agree with that part and for me the problem with Werner is who is going to see those runs.

Jorginho did when he wasn't closed down, Mount occasionally did so, if he plays and the opposition sit deep he is largely redundant.

Personally I would opt for Tammy,  not to get goals yet to create the space for Werner to run into behind Tammy and close to goal.

10 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Does the truth hurt?

You know you can contribute something constructive to the discussion rather than continually repeat who we have and haven't beaten. Do You have a simply end game of sack the coach? 

I mean its got legs I grant you. You can say sooner or later we haven't beaten a top 8 side, and then a top 4 side, and then the leaders. But there must be an original thought up there somewhere. Come on. Stick your neck out. Formation, players to drop, players to put in, there's time to put things right....and by all means the names of available coaches you'd like if Lampard goes. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I quite like that Mark. That midfield 3 has legs and energy. And just once I'd like to see Alonso play a forward role. Werner through middle is another thing That has to be tried. If we had a fabragas to chip balls over the top or inch perfect through balls, Werner would be devastating. He is more Salah than Pat Nevin.

I'm just tired of seeing us play one big forward in Giroud (who I really like) up against 2-3 Big markers and get next to nothing , I don't particularly think Werner is the answer because his confidence looks shot to me , he's opting to pass more often instead of missing another chance at the moment but rather that Tammy is currently making him look like Gerd Muller. 

Banging crosses in all day long is grist to their mill .

Lets try something , anything else.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Agree with that part and for me the problem with Werner is who is going to see those runs.

Jorginho did when he wasn't closed down, Mount occasionally did so, if he plays and the opposition sit deep he is largely redundant.

Personally I would opt for Tammy,  not to get goals yet to create the space for Werner to run into behind Tammy and close to goal.

For me Werner is our long term goalscoring hope. He has missed a few sitters lately but I think he will push through that. Think of that old Arsenal side that used to soak up pressure then suddenly break with Henri ( sometimes running from half way line). Werner is extremely fast and he can score. These players are rare. Tammy is not. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm just tired of seeing us play one big forward in Giroud (who I really like) up against 2-3 Big markers and get next to nothing , I don't particularly think Werner is the answer because his confidence looks shot to me , he's opting to pass more often instead of missing another chance at the moment but rather that Tammy is currently making him look like Gerd Muller. 

Banging crosses in all day long is grist to their mill .

Lets try something , anything else.

Werner is something else. Tammy and Giroud are not that dissimilar. Apart from a massive gamble of Alonso at CF what do we have. But btw Giroud has scored 6 in last 4 games. 

Jasonb   

Alonso's goals came by arriving late and unmarked into the box, that would not happen if he was playing further forward he would be marked without the skill to go around his man.