• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

At danger of an incoming Droy-o-cet, also like Jose benefiting from the good preparation done by Claudio? Anyway, with all of the political correctness now being deployed by the club, can you honestly say that Sarri has the right approach? He never seemed sufficiently 'woke' to me. 

34 minutes ago, blue moon said:

At danger of an incoming Droy-o-cet, also like Jose benefiting from the good preparation done by Claudio? Anyway, with all of the political correctness now being deployed by the club, can you honestly say that Sarri has the right approach? He never seemed sufficiently 'woke' to me. 

Yes woke-ness is a serious issue now.
Claudio preparation - yes and no.
JT Gallas, SFL and Guddy were a great core.  Maka and Duff a great addition.  Joe Cole, GJ and Geremi reasonable supporting acts.  Cech and Robben great adds by Kenyon (stealing the Man U buy list I gather).  I may have missed one or two.
But Drogba, Tiago, Ferreira, Carvalho made a big difference too.

But there was an incredible amount of old junk that JM inherited.

Arguably the real achievement that we achieved in those first 18 months of JM was to send out so much of non-contributors away from the club leaving just the core committed players (with a role to play).  I guess that was Kenyon's execution, but JM's demand.  A lot of losses were taken.

I see a lot of comparison here between what Ranieri left JM and what Conte left Sarri & Lampard.  An Augean stables to cleanse.
I don't see the determination of Kenyon to shovel that stuff away in Marina*.

image.png.5d4e2bd9186b8ba8a5a990a82e8f8afe.png

image.thumb.png.52b17bb13a3f43cb832e9a65af088024.png

image.png.6b7f41c9e9c629b85eca14871a1c9e00.png

* there is some context though, Ranieri was given a completely different set of objectives in 2003 from what he had in 2002 which demanded a lot of new players in with little time to scout properly.  Marina had 1 or 2 windows closed to her so kept some players too long when they might have been shiftable earlier.

image.png

Edited by Droy was my hero

Well researched as ever, although I do take umbrage at Gianfranco being labelled "non-contributing" "junk" and the product of an Augean stable. I had a perhaps mistaken view that he was passably good. Some of the others I can agree with wholeheartedly (Bogarde, Veron, Macho, Smertin and Jarosik come to mind), and others were players who excelled to disappoint (Gronk, Zenden, Forssell ...), but Crespo, Jimmy Floyd, Desailly? Maybe knocking on a bit, but not exactly "junk" - and if so, maybe we could do with a bit of non-contributing junk in this side.

In any case, you avoid / miss the main point: given his ostensible attitudes to minorities, women etc. etc., could Sarri seriously be considered as a manager these days, or was that just the usual misreporting by the gutter press?

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

can you honestly say that Sarri has the right approach? He never seemed sufficiently 'woke' to me. 

51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes woke-ness is a serious issue now.

What does "woke" mean in this Sarri context?

He is too old school in a way that modern young players are too pampered to accept his methods? He is too stubborn in his tactics and doesn't react to ongoing evolving situations? 

4 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Well researched as ever, although I do take umbrage at Gianfranco being labelled "non-contributing" "junk" and the product of an Augean stable.

Of course he was the one who went before RA and we tried to get back.
Crespo too was an odd one - he went out because of personal issues and RA's generosity, came back and was great again before being loaned out again.  In his first spell away he scored twice in the first half of the CL final to put Milan 3-0 up but they subbed him off H2 while leaving Sheva on (who missed the key penalty).

10 minutes ago, blue moon said:

In any case, you avoid / miss the main point: given his ostensible attitudes to minorities, women etc. etc.

No I agree.  He clearly offends the most woke people, LBGT, women, non-smokers, minorities, snowflakes and Chelsea fans.  Marina and RA seem to like him though, and players of all nations seem to have made a special effort for him which they have not repeated since.

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Sarri, Not popular here with most fans and players nor at Juve, By going to Juve blotted his book with Napoli, Not much useful a club with ambitions to win things given his rigid approach. Other than a promotion his only trophy wins came at his last 2 appointments more due to the individual performances of the type of player he can’t cope with, Hazard and Ronaldo,

He didn’t like living in England thou enjoyed the premiership so that’s out maybe a provincial club in Italy /France /Spain with no expectations. If indeed he manages again

1 hour ago, southcoastal said:

Sarri, Not popular here with most fans and players nor at Juve, By going to Juve blotted his book with Napoli, Not much useful a club with ambitions to win things given his rigid approach. Other than a promotion his only trophy wins came at his last 2 appointments more due to the individual performances of the type of player he can’t cope with, Hazard and Ronaldo,

He didn’t like living in England thou enjoyed the premiership so that’s out maybe a provincial club in Italy /France /Spain with no expectations. If indeed he manages again

So he won Serie A with Juve but neither fans nor players like him.   He had our best season in 3 years but neither fans not apparently players don't like him/
He can't cope with Hazard or Ronaldo but Hazard had a great (his best) season under Sarri and Ronaldo got his highest league total in 5 years aged 34/35.
I can only wonder what would happen with players he can cope with.
it is a funny world if you look at it in a certain way.

I wonder what Ronaldo, Rudiger, Kepa, Azpi, Kante and Hazard must think of their subsequent managers.

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

If Frank is not here at the start of next season then there is only one man for the job.

Massimiliano Allegri.

It's going to take a minor miracle for Frank to be the manager at the start of the 2021/2022 season, imo. Not a reflection of what I want or any desire for him to get sacked, I just don't think we're on course to do the things this season that would mean a manager is trusted with another summer's worth of investments. I hope to be very, very wrong.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No I agree.  He clearly offends the most woke people, LBGT, women, non-smokers, minorities, snowflakes and Chelsea fans.  

:) 

Saw some Arsenal just now. They truly are appalling. 

Rob B   
5 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Perhaps I am clutching at straws, but to me our current downturn in form reflects a macro level trend that the rest of our rivals are experiencing too. Everyone else is dropping points too, even City yesterday, so we shall see if the trend continues tonight. 

I’m not excusing the last few performances - particularly the Wolves one where I think Frank got it just plain wrong. 

BUT, there certainly looks like there could be an element of some sort of wider fatigue kicking in across the board.  It’s bizarre that for the second match week in a row, most of our rivals will have also dropped points - Man City last night, Southampton and Leicester so far tonight with Spurs now looking likely too. 

This weekend was the first weekend in like a decade where none of the big 6 won apparently 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So he won Serie A with Juve but neither fans nor players like him.   He had our best season in 3 years but neither fans not apparently players don't like him/
He can't cope with Hazard or Ronaldo but Hazard had a great (his best) season under Sarri and Ronaldo got his highest league total in 5 years aged 34/35.
I can only wonder what would happen with players he can cope with.
it is a funny world if you look at it in a certain way.

I wonder what Ronaldo, Rudiger, Kepa, Azpi, Kante and Hazard must think of their subsequent managers.

I type "Sarri, Not popular here with most fans and players, "

And what did you type ? Its bold  incase you forgot

See how easy it is for you to missundertsand things, More reading comprehension required and  less guessing./twisting words may help

He won now he's unemployed, Perhaps he is, Like Pochetino waiting for the phone call to replace managers at PSG, Barca, Man Utd, Man city, CFC all with managerial problems allegedly.