• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course he was the one who went before RA and we tried to get back.
Crespo too was an odd one - he went out because of personal issues and RA's generosity, came back and was great again before being loaned out again.  In his first spell away he scored twice in the first half of the CL final to put Milan 3-0 up but they subbed him off H2 while leaving Sheva on (who missed the key penalty).

No I agree.  He clearly offends the most woke people, LBGT, women, non-smokers, minorities, snowflakes and Chelsea fans.  Marina and RA seem to like him though, and players of all nations seem to have made a special effort for him which they have not repeated since.

I’m a non-smoking woman and a Chelsea supporter and I’m not ‘woke’.

Lazy generalisation.

chara   
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Lazy generalisation.

That's right....Sarri annoyed me but didn't offend me and I appreciate things he did...bit like Droy actually.....as an old survivor I look upon "woke" as being what I'm grateful to do every morning and tend to see "woke" people as having too much time and too little to worry about.

Have never been PC and being a long standing (In more than one way!)Chelsea follower I think those of a certain age understand that being a Chelsea fan was very much not PC.

For all the concerns here and the coming match up would you rather be an Arsenal fan?

19 hours ago, JaneB said:

Lazy generalisation.

In Droys defence, I think he possibly meant that to read like "He clearly offends different groups like LBGT, women, non-smokers, minorities, snowflakes, Chelsea fans and the most woke people."

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Sounds great to me, but he'd have trouble engineering an exit from a club at the top of the Prem outperforming expectations.
Maybe the second coming - of Sarri.  That would go down well I think with the players.  Might ruffle a few feathers here though.

FSW is out if work I think. 

Big Sam to save us from relegation. 

Olly G as he's in for sack soon. 

Or promote Cech from "advisor" to head coach.

The options are endless. 

JaneB   
46 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

In Droys defence, I think he possibly meant that to read like "He clearly offends different groups like LBGT, women, non-smokers, minorities, snowflakes, Chelsea fans and the most woke people."

Now I read it again, agreed.

1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Lets be honest, it was left open to interpretation somewhat deliberately  (but the most should have been most).

Sciatika   
22 hours ago, JaneB said:

Lazy generalisation.

Thinking about this response, I happened to notice your blurb ' A little bit obsessed with Roger Federer and Hugh Jackman. Adore dogs and donkeys'. I am pretty sure Jackman played Wolverine. :-)

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Thinking about this response, I happened to notice your blurb ' A little bit obsessed with Roger Federer and Hugh Jackman. Adore dogs and donkeys'. I am pretty sure Jackman played Wolverine. :-)

He did indeed, many times!!

Genuinely lovely man too.

Sir   

What on earth is going on in here? Thought this was meant to be about the Arsenal away fixture?!

On 16/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, blue moon said:

While I'm as concerned at recent trends as most of you, are you proposing the third coming? Even Jesus couldn't manage that ... so who? Most of the names in the above Wikipedia list are either dead or seem happily married to their clubs ... I mean, Klopp ain't leaving, and neither is Jose. The unemployed managers with experience in the Prem don't exactly fill me with happy anticipation, so I guess it's gonna have to be a foreigner ... but which? In the meantime, let's hope Frank doesn't continue to try our patience and pulls a rabbit out of the hat over Christmas, rather than a turkey.

I’d rather have Frank for life than another boring Italian with zero personality and ghastly football philosophy. 

To be perfectly honest, there aren’t many managers out there who would come in and instantly improve us.

Pochettino is not that man, not by a long shot. He’s weak mentally and hasn’t really had any success at all. 

Pep or Jose won’t come here. 

Ancelotti we already tried. 

Klopp won’t be going anywhere. 

Allegri is not what this club want. He’s a poor mans Conte. 

It would be a manager in the shape of Nuno Espírito Santo. Would I rather have him than Lampard? No, I don’t think so. Perhaps Simeone as he has been at Atkerico for a while but he’d get murdered by the English press so would not last more than a season or two. I hear a lot of people claiming Lamps should be replaced but I don’t hear about many feasible replacements.