• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 1

chara   

No Ming....two correct if soft yellows....a certain set up for a downer holiday.... I don't watch the Scousers but as yet to see a team that excited me football wise....Leeds flattered to deceive early on...but I hate them anyway regardless...

I fear this is to be a shallow scrappy season of football.

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Well we have been decent at the Bridge so there is hope in that.

I take it you didn’t watch the West Ham match?

bert19   

Tough one this. There’s the obvious risk to players that are already being overplayed of late balanced against an urgent need for a much better performance and a win. Who do you pick? I feel some changes are needed and perhaps one or two need to be dropped or removed from the firing line for a game or two. 

I watched Villa yesterday and they looked confident, energetic and full of enthusiasm.  We’re in for a horrible evening if we don’t majorly buck our ideas up. 

I’d go with a bit of a change of shape to 4-2-3-1 here. The 4-3-3 hasn’t looked good of late. Zouma and Mount both look tired, Werner definitely needs rest, rotation and a bit of an arm round the shoulders the next week or two. Reece didn’t look fit to me yesterday, so he drops to the bench too. 
Mendy

Azpi, Rudiger, Silva, Chilwell

Kovacic , Kanté

CHO, Havertz, Pulisic 

Giroud

I have no idea what to expect, but I'll be honest, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. It's a massive game for our season, with Man City next up. Changes needed, not just like for like either, the system needs to change and players desperately need a rest. I'd go:

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Gilmour

CHO - Havertz - Pulisic

Giroud

Would love to be able to get Werner on for 10 mins as a striker with Havertz behind him too, just to see if any sparks are there.

On 22/12/2020 at 11:15 PM, chara said:

Back in the day when the additional games in the season were mostly cup replays it was an added source of excitement for the holiday period game closeness...with all the additional games faced by the top sides and the challenges of covid now surely it is time to stop the foolishness of two games in 48 hours.

Does no service to the game, the players or the supporters.

I've always liked the weird tradition of 2 games in 48 hours during Christmas and Easter. 

The TV scheduling is what has ruined it. In my early days of watching football in the early 00s I could have sworn the fixtures were fairly scheduled so no teams had more or less advantage than another. Perhaps my memory is fuzzy. 

It certainly didn't seem to be as much of a talking point in the media back then. 

Diddymen   

Can’t see us winning this (sorry). Grealish will run (and fall over) around our players. Even with 10 players they battered palace.

We are now at the same point from last season. Team has no structure in its play, look lethargic,  and not knowing where the next win will come but with over £200 million spent on players. That’s a shed load for players for a team that’s massively underperforming.

This is not looking good for Frank. We lose this and then lose against City that’s 6 loses in 7 games. Not good enough.

This is usrely a must win if there ever was such a thing. 

Mendy

Azpilicueta Silva Zouma Chilwell

Kanté Gilmour

CHO Havertz Pulisic

Giroud

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Rüdiger, James, Emerson, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount, Werner, Abraham

Blue Rod   

Just watching Pedro Neto for Wolves. Imagine what you can buy for a fraction of the money spent on Havertz. First you need a manager who actually knows what he's buying. 

42 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Just watching Pedro Neto for Wolves. Imagine what you can buy for a fraction of the money spent on Havertz. First you need a manager who actually knows what he's buying. 

We all know it's agents pushing their players on the club that matters. 

They then go to Frank and say we can get player X what do you think? 

Werner, Havertz and Ziyech on paper looks a no brainer. 

Sadly Werner has lost his spark covering for the fragility of Pulisic 

Havertz looks like a reanimated corpse and Ziyech must surely have just been a rumour we've seen so little of him.