• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 1

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Havertz will be a long term success, but it may take 2 years. I can’t say the same about Werner.

Yes on Havertz.  Werner will be a massive success in a team with a manager that can use him.  His pace really is staggering.  Quite overwhelming when you watch his wave bye bye.
And of course he has troubles trying to control the ball at times, he is attempting to sprint out of the blocks like Usain Bolt while controlling a football in one touch at the same time.  It ain't easy, it is never easy on the eye, but it is devasting when it comes off.  (Much like some of Drogba's tricks with the ball).

When Werner meets with that manager, who knows.

22 hours ago, bert19 said:

Tough one this. There’s the obvious risk to players that are already being overplayed of late balanced against an urgent need for a much better performance and a win. Who do you pick? I feel some changes are needed and perhaps one or two need to be dropped or removed from the firing line for a game or two. 

I watched Villa yesterday and they looked confident, energetic and full of enthusiasm.  We’re in for a horrible evening if we don’t majorly buck our ideas up. 

I’d go with a bit of a change of shape to 4-2-3-1 here. The 4-3-3 hasn’t looked good of late. Zouma and Mount both look tired, Werner definitely needs rest, rotation and a bit of an arm round the shoulders the next week or two. Reece didn’t look fit to me yesterday, so he drops to the bench too. 
Mendy

Azpi, Rudiger, Silva, Chilwell

Kovacic , Kanté

CHO, Havertz, Pulisic 

Giroud

I like your forwards Bert, but your midfield worries me. Kova and Kante? Looks a bit flimsy I think.

21 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I have no idea what to expect, but I'll be honest, I'm not holding out a lot of hope. It's a massive game for our season, with Man City next up. Changes needed, not just like for like either, the system needs to change and players desperately need a rest. I'd go:

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Gilmour

CHO - Havertz - Pulisic

Giroud

Would love to be able to get Werner on for 10 mins as a striker with Havertz behind him too, just to see if any sparks are there.

Yes, I like this and I also agree with the idea of seeing Timo as the central striker with Kai immediately behind him. Certainly Callum deserves his place on the right.

Ham   
13 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, I like this and I also agree with the idea of seeing Timo as the central striker with Kai immediately behind him. Certainly Callum deserves his place on the right.

Timo coming on at some stage to replace the CF might be a way to take a bit of pressure off. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Timo coming on at some stage to replace the CF might be a way to take a bit of pressure off. 

Yep, definitely. I think he clearly needs a break, but he also needs to get some time in his actual position. Werner playing wide left should be in emergency situations, not week in week out... the moment CHO was fit to play again, he should have come in with Pulisic on the left (his performance vs Arsenal only backs this up)... for me, that is a big mistake Lampard has been making, but it seems he is now going to make the change he should have made weeks ago, but making it at a time at make it him 'dropping' Werner, which won't be good for the player at all.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Sir   

We’ll win this one. 2-0. So who will It be today? Abraham or Giroud? Is it just me or does Lampard change these two rather a lot? I really wish we had a consistent 11, kind of like 04/05.. we knew always who would be playing bar an injury or two. And regarding 04/05, this current squad has to be by and large one of our most talented squads? Especially forward/wing/midfield wise.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Yep and also allow us the chance to see if he does reproduce the form we saw from him when he first played for us when he's fielded in the centre again.

Man City vs Everton game called off due to Covid outbreak in and around Man City first team, their training ground been shut down etc, could mean our game with them on Sunday also off.

Mendy

Azpi - Rudiger - Chritsensen - Chilwell

Jorginho - Kante - Mount

CHO - Giroud - Pulisic

Subs: Kepa, Silva, Tomori, Emerson, Kovacic, Gilmour, Havertz, Tammy, Werner

Edited by My Blood Is Blue