• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

Sciatika   

Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus (plus some backroom staff) tested positive. Gundogan will probably be available. James and Ziyech might or might not.

Edited by Sciatika
typo

bert19   

Question: if given the choice, how many would want this game to go ahead on Sunday and how many would want the extra break for the team? (Given how we’re playing, I’m edging towards the latter)

bert19   
16 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Mail is saying that City game going ahead as they had a mass testing with no new cases found.

I’d have thought the squad and staff will have to be staying in a hotel and testing every 24 hours at this point to guarantee safety though?

paulw66   
31 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Question: if given the choice, how many would want this game to go ahead on Sunday and how many would want the extra break for the team? (Given how we’re playing, I’m edging towards the latter)

100% would choose to have it postponed. 

We have just played 2 games in 48 hours, whilst they got a nice rest. 

The PL are making a mess of this. I understood games had to go ahead if you had 14 fit players. We are now at a huge disadvantage going into Sunday, as they will be fresh as daisies having not played for a whole week. That, and the fact that we are rubbish. 

bert19   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

100% would choose to have it postponed. 

We have just played 2 games in 48 hours, whilst they got a nice rest. 

The PL are making a mess of this. I understood games had to go ahead if you had 14 fit players. We are now at a huge disadvantage going into Sunday, as they will be fresh as daisies having not played for a whole week. That, and the fact that we are rubbish. 

To be honest, I seriously question if postponement would have been mentioned if say, Burnley or Sheffield United were going through the same process and could feasibly only have 14 or so players available? 

It’s less their available numbers that bother me. More the further risk it carries to our own squad health (regardless of testing) and secondly, the issue we seem to have with attitude & application when we come up against obviously weakened or struggling teams.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, bert19 said:

To be honest, I seriously question if postponement would have been mentioned if say, Burnley or Sheffield United were going through the same process and could feasibly only have 14 or so players available? 

It’s less their available numbers that bother me. More the further risk it carries to our own squad health (regardless of testing) and secondly, the issue we seem to have with attitude & application when we come up against obviously weakened or struggling teams.

There is no evidence to support that COVID is passing between clubs / players when they play each other, running around outdoors. That is why the circuit break is being dismissed as pointless. 

All of the outbreaks in the PL have come from external factors. 

Holymoly   
On 30/12/2020 at 1:38 PM, Diddymen said:

Even if half their players are hit with COVID and they fielded their u9s and grounds men, we would still end up losing this

That's the spirit.

Holymoly   

I see that Frank has been given the dreaded vote of confidence by the board. That should make Martin1905 and Droy very happy. going into the New Year.