• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

Recommended Posts

Diddymen   

Reece out with a hamstring injury and Zyech back training.

surely this has to be a game where Havertz turns on the style?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31 December 2020 at 10:03 AM, paulw66 said:

100% would choose to have it postponed. 

We have just played 2 games in 48 hours, whilst they got a nice rest. 

The PL are making a mess of this. I understood games had to go ahead if you had 14 fit players. We are now at a huge disadvantage going into Sunday, as they will be fresh as daisies having not played for a whole week. That, and the fact that we are rubbish. 

That was the rule, there is no excuse not to play this game as they have a big squad.

apparently in the NFL, NO GAMES ARE CANCELLED,  the Cleveland Browns all 4 wide receivers tested positive for COVID, but they still had to play the game and they lost, and it looks like costing them a place in the playoffs!

the same in the FA cup if Morcombe have 14 players fit then the game should be played, doesn't matter if they have to field 3 goalkeepers, Rotherham had two games postponed but had to play the other night or they would have had a points deduction.

I saw Big Sam was calling for a two week break, but it can't happen as teams are playing 2 or 3 games a week already, and the season can't be extended because of the euros.

They are saying one team ( don't remember who it is) may have to play 7 games in 14 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

My reading is that the players tested positive are Jesus, Walker, Ederson, Doyle and one other. Someone said they thought it was Cancelo (but there was no evidence) If I were Pep Guardiola I would be seriously pissed off if players were leaking that they have tested positive. Actually, I don't know why any clubs admit it except in their reports to the FA and Premier League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HAPPY SANTA said:

That was the rule, there is no excuse not to play this game as they have a big squad.

apparently in the NFL, NO GAMES ARE CANCELLED,  the Cleveland Browns all 4 wide receivers tested positive for COVID, but they still had to play the game and they lost, and it looks like costing them a place in the playoffs!

the same in the FA cup if Morcombe have 14 players fit then the game should be played, doesn't matter if they have to field 3 goalkeepers, Rotherham had two games postponed but had to play the other night or they would have had a points deduction.

I saw Big Sam was calling for a two week break, but it can't happen as teams are playing 2 or 3 games a week already, and the season can't be extended because of the euros.

They are saying one team ( don't remember who it is) may have to play 7 games in 14 days

Exactly, it should just be treated as an injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Shame if this goes ahead. A break now would have been very beneficial to minds and bodies. 

Players AND us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed watching United / Villa game that Villa decided not to use their tactic they used against us of falling over the moment someone breathed on them. No doubt they assumed no ref was going to allow that shite against the Manure. In fact Villa got done shortly after equalizing by the standard pathetic United penalty. Pogba sticks his arm in the face of Villa defender, defender pushes it out the way, Pogba falls over and bingo...penalty!!

Anyway , at least we moved up a place without having kicked a ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Shame if this goes ahead. A break now would have been very beneficial to minds and bodies. 

No doubt for both teams! Not sure how that would have helped us tbh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Tucker said:

No doubt for both teams! Not sure how that would have helped us tbh?

Just feel we needed a break and a chance to reset more than City. Ziyech is also getting more and more vital to our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chara said:

Players AND us!

I was thinking that too Chara. Happy New Year to you 'frontier man'....and to all the other blue forum members. Fingers crossed for 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now