• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I noticed watching United / Villa game that Villa decided not to use their tactic they used against us of falling over the moment someone breathed on them. No doubt they assumed no ref was going to allow that shite against the Manure. In fact Villa got done shortly after equalizing by the standard pathetic United penalty. Pogba sticks his arm in the face of Villa defender, defender pushes it out the way, Pogba falls over and bingo...penalty!!

Anyway , at least we moved up a place without having kicked a ball. 

:)  And yet the foul count was 22 by man U and 10 by Villa, with 4 yellows all to Man U.
Not watched it, but I presume that means Man U took the simple approached and kicked them everytime just to be sure.

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just feel we needed a break and a chance to reset more than City. Ziyech is also getting more and more vital to our team. 

Yes,  Every game he doesn't play he becomes more and more vital.

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

:)  And yet the foul count was 22 by man U and 10 by Villa, with 4 yellows all to Man U.
Not watched it, but I presume that means Man U took the simple approached and kicked them everytime just to be sure.

Yes,  Every game he doesn't play he becomes more and more vital.

I was half watching it and half on my phone replying to New Year messages, but the pathetic display they showed against us didn't look evident. The penalty was a typical United penalty ...soft as shite .

Ziyech sadly seems to be out only creative outlet, so yes, I'd say he is missed whether we are winning losing or drawing. Would you disagree?

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Ziyech sadly seems to be out only creative outlet, so yes, I'd say he is missed whether we are winning losing or drawing. Would you disagree?

He finally started playing at the right moment.  We had the rather crazed early games where we didn't seem to know which end we were attacking, then 2 dreadfully dull 0-0 draws with Man U and Sevilla which I presume were about getting some basic control back, then a bunch of easy games which coincided with his handful of starts.
Krasnodor, Burnley, Rennes, Sheffield United , Newcastle - 5 of the easiest games of the season.

Then as soon as he got injured, Pulisic came on for him at Leeds and has been our major source of creativity since.

As with the whole team, tricky to say much about Ziyech until he plays a top half team.  

Not his fault of course to look good against poor teams and be injured for the other games.  But hard to say yet if he is a critical member of the team.

I understand what you’re saying Droy and can’t really disagree, but I would say that I’m very much expecting Ziyech to be key for us for the rest of the season (if he stays fit), his deliveries in to the box are obviously very good, but it’s also his eye for the pass in the final 3rd that I think will be crucial and could also be they key to unlocking Werner in this side.

I really hope we can keep both Ziyech and Pulisic fit for a decent length of time now, I think it’ll be a big boost. We also have CHO who seems to have stepped up a bit, finally and gives us a genuine 3rd option in the wide positions.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

but I would say that I’m very much expecting Ziyech to be key for us for the rest of the season

Lets hope so.

Ziyech? Did we, actually sign him? I thought that was just a rumour. 

18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He finally started playing at the right moment.  We had the rather crazed early games where we didn't seem to know which end we were attacking, then 2 dreadfully dull 0-0 draws with Man U and Sevilla which I presume were about getting some basic control back, then a bunch of easy games which coincided with his handful of starts.
Krasnodor, Burnley, Rennes, Sheffield United , Newcastle - 5 of the easiest games of the season.

Then as soon as he got injured, Pulisic came on for him at Leeds and has been our major source of creativity since.

As with the whole team, tricky to say much about Ziyech until he plays a top half team.  

Not his fault of course to look good against poor teams and be injured for the other games.  But hard to say yet if he is a critical member of the team.

Its true we haven't seen enough of him yet to make firm judgments , and he could turn out to be very over hyped, but I think our board got this one right.  An on form Pulisic and Ziyech will be a handful for most teams. 

Our problem is that both these players can't play more than a handful of games without getting injured. 

Sir   

Three points above Arsenal so it’s all good :)

9 minutes ago, Sir said:

I think they're two nil up at the moment 

Faramir   
9 minutes ago, Sir said:

Yes, it seems we have helped turn their season around.