• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Kepa might be a myth seeing as the squad have conceded more than the same period last season. Bizarre 

The first two goals today are the kind Kepa was routinely slaughtered for on here. Not that I'd have expected much more from Mendy, given he has the exact same defensive mess (despite personnel changes) in front of him. 

Sir   
5 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Were José, Scolari, AVB, Di Matteo, Ancelotti, Conte and Sarri competent managers?

Some of those were more competent yes. Never felt DM was going to be good enough, Scolari was a concern as was AVB. But Lampard especially experience wise the bottom of that list.

12 minutes ago, Blue_Fever said:

I hate tika taka. I hate passing 40 50 times all the way up to the net for a tap in. Give me balls over the top to a proper number 9. Give me a quick counter attack where you move the ball forward with purpose and don't give the opposition time to recover. This slow buildup from the back that ultimately leads to a cross into the box that leads nowhere is pointless.

How do you like passing backwards?

Blue Rod   
6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm sure that Silva has respect in both of those categories from the other players. He has won that on the basis of his performances and not merely as a consequence of longevity.

I cannot think of any other senior club in Europe that Thiago Silva would walk in and be given the captain's armband. It shows a lack of tradition as a club and smacks of desperation from Lampard, quite honestly. Historically, the captain does not even have to be the best performing player on the pitch. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Just now, Blue_Fever said:

And so what? They had the players to do so. Do we have an Iniesta? A Xavi? A Messi? This obsession that every team has to play the same way when you don't have the players to do so is damaging. When we beat Barcelona's tika tika team in the CL multiple times did we play tiki taka? We never did. But guess what people remember. That Chelsea beat Barcelona and that's it. Last time we won the league did we play tiki taka? Not all teams that win their league plays this way I don't see why we have to. 

I didn't say we should play that way. I merely pointed out, in answer to your opinion that playing that style was “pointless”, that 2 very high profile teams had belied that assertion under Pep.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bridge Soldier said:

"If you're here for two years of CV manager after CV manager, a succession of transfer market failures, and a continued ignorance of the academy, that's your lookout. It's not mine, and it never will be. Unequivocally."

Brilliantly put from Chelsea Youth on Twitter imo.

None of the youth were up to it previously and instead we hoovered up trophies.

This is much better! 

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

"I thought football management was easy. I was wrong. I now respect the profession. I must now spend more time with my family. I thank Chelsea for taking the gamble on me. I am sorry I wasn't up to the job"

I don't think Frank has ever thought football management was easy or that he didn't respect the job.

If it all ends in tears at least he gave it a go instead of sniping from the sidelines. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The first two goals today are the kind Kepa was routinely slaughtered for on here. Not that I'd have expected much more from Mendy, given he has the exact same defensive mess (despite personnel changes) in front of him. 

You mean it's not Kepas fault afterall

3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Have you seen a high cross from City all game? Tiki taka or not at least there's a structure and identity. What identity or style is Lamps trying to play? 

They done plenty against Spurs but were playing in front of a brick wall that day.

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

You seem to take a little too much pleasure in this. 

Indeed, indeed!