• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

Faramir   
9 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Bit harsh On someone doing a stirling job holding this place together,

esp since you seem to be afraid of your own existance , or should I say previous...

Nowt nice to say best not say owt

Big shout out to Jane...

Thanks for all you do on this forum. I certainly hope you continue with us despite the challenges of being a moderator.

Sincerely, Faramir.

Just now, Sir said:

Clearly have a short short memory when I was literally doing EVERYTHING on my own on here along with MT. So much so all the work I have done on here for unseen and utterly taken for granted. If anything your comment is extremely disrespectful because if it wasn’t for me and what I’ve done in cahoots with the owner this website wouldn’t be here!!!!

Some of us have a longer memory, a number of people at different times have put in a huge amount of effort, including you,  Sir Robben (as you were prior to 2007) as Mod.

I think if a change does come, the serious questions are what is the vision that the club want footballing wise.

Do they want a coach with new ideas who works with younger players, but lacks trophies on his CV. Along the lines of Nagelsmann, Hassenhutel. 

Do they want a high profile winner along the lines of Allegri.

Do they go more pragmatic and give someone  like a Nuno Santo s chance to step up.

Or Do they aim for a blend of both with someone like Rodgers. 

Rodgers is a bit cringe and David Brentesque at times, but I think he would be one of the main targets I would be looking towards.

I think the hierarchy at the club need to understand what they want first though. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Sir said:

Clearly have a short short memory when I was literally doing EVERYTHING on my own on here along with MT. So much so all the work I have done on here was unseen and utterly taken for granted. If anything your comment is extremely disrespectful because if it wasn’t for me and what I’ve done in cahoots with the owner this website wouldn’t be here!!!!

Were you a mod under another name? Am I being really dumb here? 

I'd have given you credit if I'd known. 

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Are people really getting on Sirs back for saying ****?

Have a word with yourselves.

Agreed Dingus!

Stim   
9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It can no get any worse.

Ask Sheffield United how much worse it can get...

35 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

We knew before the game they are much better than us. The thing is, If you ignore previous results, losing 3-1 to City tells you as much about Lampards ability as beating Morecambe 8-0 will. Any decision on his future will he based on everything before today

Exactly. Today understandably will get a big reaction, but it tells us nothing that hasn't already been clear, imo, for anything between 2 and 18 months depending on your position.

If pushed to bet money, it'd be on Lampard staying on until the end of the season and formally getting sacked at full time in game 38. But if you are senior at the club and already of the mind to sack him, now is precisely when you'd wait to do it; with an inevitable City defeat out of the way and as long as you'll get for the rest of the season before the next league game. 

Sir   
Just now, Faramir said:

Big shout out to Jane...

Thanks for all you do on this forum. I certainly hope you continue with us despite the challenges of being a moderator.

Sincerely, Faramir.

This is what I’m saying. I’ve been helping run this website for a DECADE! What thanks have I ever got? Or was it perhaps I never asked for thanks and I kept everything going as much as I could without shouting about it hence why I said all my work went unnoticed because it was so ‘normal’ and so consistent. I have stayed when many and many and many have left. If it wasn’t for ME and MT and the owner this website would not exist! 

Seriously take a look at yourselves before you even begin to have a pop at me. Absolute farce.

8 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

How would you feel if Sarri returned?

serious question by the way

No thanks, we're playing pretty much the same style of football now as well, endless slow, stodgy possession based rubbish, with an unbalanced midfield.  We have a decent striker or two, and very good wingers.  We also lack the leadership of 10-15 years ago as well, Tiago is good but past it and will need replacing.  I still don't think sacking Frank will cure all our ills either, a new manager (or head coach) might come in, get rid of our youngsters (whose hearts are genuinely in it) and replace them with second or third rate foreign players, will get the sack and we'll be back at square one again.  And no third coming for Jose either, his time has passed as well, he won't be at the Spuds this time next year, mark my words.