• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 1 Manchester City 3

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some of us have a longer memory, a number of people at different times have put in a huge amount of effort, including you,  Sir Robben (as you were prior to 2007) as Mod.

Yep Sir (Robben) and MT have been mods since forever, and I was lurking for a good few years before posting. I've no doubt both made a massive contribution to the site still running. Jane's contribution recently is still appreciated as well.

Sir   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some of us have a longer memory, a number of people at different times have put in a huge amount of effort, including you,  Sir Robben (as you were prior to 2007) as Mod.

Thank you, droy. I had ill health (which only a couple of mods knew about) I had to study, a family to look after, but time and time and time and time again I would still help run this website for as much and as long as I could. I did every single pre match and post match topic virtually like clock work until I simply couldn’t do it so regular anymore. As I say, some of you lot on here, just take a look at yourselves and perhaps trying a little.

Sir   
4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Were you a mod under another name? Am I being really dumb here? 

I'd have given you credit if I'd known. 

Sir Robben for a while. Arjen Robben before that. Normally Robben affiliated names if I recall. Don’t think I’ve changed much more than that. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'll be more surprised if Lampard is still manager for the Fulham game than if he's sacked in the next 24 hours.

I'm even more surprised he reached Christmas.  

Allegri I expect.

Some of us thought we should be attempting to win the PL and that Lampard after last year wasn't up to it.
Some argued that CL qualification and perhaps last 8 in the CL would do.  They turned neutral on Frank a while ago.
Then there has been a small group who I guess thought a Europa place and a LC QF would be enough.  Even they are pretty unhappy now.

Anyone wanting to know what RA wants - it was quite visible today.  A team that plays as well as City did today - at least once, before New Year, preferably regularly.

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Turned off at 2-0.

Decided playing play-doh with my 2 year old was less depressing. I wasnt wrong.

We all love Frank but he doesn't know what he's doing.

doh - there is a joke in there but I can't work out how it should go.

Dingus   

As soon as Lampard took the job, sentiment went out the window for me.

We all knew why he got the job and for long periods last season and now this season we have seen that he is woefully out of his depth.

Will always love him as a player but that only gets you so far. This is a results business and if he isn’t getting the results then he is no different to any other manager that has come through the doors I’m afraid to say.

asvaberg   

"As I say, some of you lot on here, just take a look at yourselves and perhaps trying a little."

Well said.

Someone please tell this to the players as well.

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

. But if you are senior at the club and already of the mind to sack him, now is precisely when you'd wait to do it; with an inevitable City defeat out of the way and as long as you'll get for the rest of the season before the next league game. 

Yes I was thinking the same thing, do it now or wait until end of the season, due to the two weeks until the next PL game. Some of that depends on who they want to hire. It is Rodgers for me but that may not be possible mid season, so maybe stick with Frank for now rather than get an interim (if he is their choice)

Ham   
Just now, Sir said:

Sir Robben for a while. Arjen Robben before that. Normally Robben affiliated names if I recall. Don’t think I’ve changed much more than that. 

Well I have clearly been using this forum for years with blinkers on.

Today's was a horrible result and tensions are high.

It's unfortunate that words have been said and I'd hope that this bickering could be quickly nipped in the bud. 

I'm very grateful to you and to Jane. Apologies if I took your part in proceedings for granted.

16 minutes ago, Sir said:

And who was the person keeping the site going for years and years and years and getting sod all credit for it despite dealing with health issues and getting nothing for it? I’ve been helping this site going for over a decade! Frankly, if I want to say the word **** in a sentence it’a not crime or the century.

Anyway anyone has an issue PM me.

It is a Then and now case, no one doubted your efforts then, Now you were out of order if only for taking it out on Our mod who the now

Can anyone tell me what our play style is supposed to be? I'm struggling to figure it out. How does Frank see us playing? Of the big 6 teams only us and Arsenal I can't figure out what our play style is supposed to be.